Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That SNES Online launch batch is pretty solid. They got almost all of the heavy hitters except for Donkey Kong County...which would actually fit online being a two player game. Odd.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Might just buy the Fighters Pass. None of the 4 are characters I LOVE, but collectively they’re good enough. Joker has some cool art, I’m actually getting into DQ11 demo so kinda want The Hero now, Banjo is instantly recognizable, and while SNK guy isn’t totally my thing, I absolutely recognize him and appreciate the old school shout out.

Plus I’m just kind of a completionist for Nintendo stuff.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Happy with the SNES titles and controller (the 8BitDo controllers look awful despite being very similar, IMO), although I wish I could just buy the damn games (hell, I'd even buy them at full price) instead of subscribing to some dumb Netflix thing and renting a bunch of crap I don't care for.

Also, that SNK presentation was amazing.

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I put 150 hours into the original xenoblade, yet I’m gonna do it again...

Also the Smash DLC characters minus banjo have all been up my alley from my favourite series’ of all time.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also being able to play Super Mario World and Link to the Past on my Switch makes me very happy. I just don't see hope in sight for my dream of N64 titles being a part of the free emulation. I think at best we might get some non Pokemon GBA games.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Happy with the SNES titles and controller (the 8BitDo controllers look awful despite being very similar, IMO), although I wish I could just buy the damn games (hell, I'd even buy them at full price) instead of subscribing to some dumb Netflix thing and renting a bunch of crap I don't care for.

Also, that SNK presentation was amazing.

The 8Bitdo controllers certainly don’t play awful. I’ve loved mine ever since I got it a couple weeks ago. 100% worth the purchase IMO. Makes all the difference in the world for 2D games.

That said, and I’ll still probably buy that SNES controller if only because I’m a hopeless fanboy.

Agreed about the SNES games too. I wish it was just a LTTP icon on my home screen instead of just all the games being locked behind a temporal game rental service.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The 8Bitdo controllers certainly don’t play awful. I’ve loved mine ever since I got it a couple weeks ago. 100% worth the purchase IMO. Makes all the difference in the world for 2D games.

That said, and I’ll still probably buy that SNES controller if only because I’m a hopeless fanboy.

Agreed about the SNES games too. I wish it was just a LTTP icon on my home screen instead of just all the games being locked behind a temporal game rental service.
Sorry, I just checked and didn't realize they had a more accurate model. I was referring to how ugly this thing looks.

dsc09254_final-100747229-large.3x2.jpg

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Xenoblade definitely edition is rumored to be adding the Bionis shoulder, an area cut from the original. Probably won't be too extensive but still nice to hear.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i have Online. i have the nes thing. i cant find the SNES thing. is it not out yet?
or am i too dumb to find it?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Sorry, I just checked and didn't realize they had a more accurate model. I was referring to how ugly this thing looks.

dsc09254_final-100747229-large.3x2.jpg

I honestly think that looks pretty much perfect. :dunno:

i have Online. i have the nes thing. i cant find the SNES thing. is it not out yet?
or am i too dumb to find it?

Apparently it will be available from 7pmET/4pmPT tonight.

Reactions: Disclose

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Well, this is certainly... something.

(Also, this wasn't in the Direct last night why?)

Likely because directs are aimed more at gamers. This looks like a new take on Wii Fit? I remember the "gamer outrage" when Nintendo announced their Labo line, they probably didn't want a repeat.

Finally gonna beat Super Metroid.

I am jealous. Such a gem of an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad