Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Outrage about Labo was particularly dumb because it wasn’t part of a direct. It was actually announced much like this exercise thing, shortly after a “real” Direct. Nintendo had even tweeted something about how it was a presentation about educational stuff or something and not about games. But there wasn’t really much outrage about it. Most of that noise came from the people pre-emptively being outraged about the outrage they were anticipating.

I’m curious to see what this is. I actually used the EA Fit game for a while on the Wii and I kinda liked it. Was great at least for automatic tracking for squats and stretching and shit. I don’t like that nobody in this trailer looked to be breaking a sweat. This looked more party than exercise.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I will say the Direct wasn't super exciting for me, personally.

Although I have friends who wax philosophical regarding Xenoblade, so I guess now I could finally pick it up...

Little Town Hero might be interesting.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i want them a little wider, bigger buttons. i prefer the "pro" controller.
not that i cant play with the joycons. but i would love that change instead of the angle.

Reactions: CPTN71

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Absolutely wild what they did with the Celeste DLC. 1500 deaths after 5 1/2 hours, and feeling very discouraged that my quest to get every golden berry in the game will now end up one berry short.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I like the jogging in place concept for moving your character forward using a small leg strap but at the end of the day it looks like another gimmicky fitness device and game for a console. Nothing wrong with that and hopefully they take away the stuff I liked from that presentation and put forward a better product next time.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
So apparently Nintendo filed a patent for a hinged Joycon:

That looks....fragile.

i want them a little wider, bigger buttons. i prefer the "pro" controller.
not that i cant play with the joycons. but i would love that change instead of the angle.

As someone who has monster ass hands, yes please.

I would pay for a "large print" version of the joycons, even if it came at the cost of the second d-pad for multiplayer that I've never once used.

It's playable with a normal joycon, but I have to take frequent mini-breaks or else I start cramping up. :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My Seasons of Warfare edition still has yet to be opened :laugh:.
Same with Octopath Traveler Wayfayer Edition.

I'd recommend never opening Octopath Traveler: it might sell for a pretty penny eventually and the game is really weak. Great production values but not a lot of fun.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Celeste is one of the tightest and most well designed platformers ever. The only objection I can see is if you reject platformers as a genre altogether, IMO.

It handily beats just about everything that isn't a top-shelf 2D Mario from Nintendo's prime. And even then.... you could probably still reasonably argue in its favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad