Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
We have the compromise. It's called Nintendo.

While I think I know what you are saying, we were talking specifically about ports. It's harder to get the more realistic-style graphics running on the lighter hardware of the Switch than the more stylized graphics that Nintendo tends to use.

In this case, the compromise appears to be reduced graphics quality and lowered frame rate.

You are right, though - Nintendo does strike a great balance with fantastic visuals.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
While I think I know what you are saying, we were talking specifically about ports. It's harder to get the more realistic-style graphics running on the lighter hardware of the Switch than the more stylized graphics that Nintendo tends to use.

In this case, the compromise appears to be reduced graphics quality and lowered frame rate.

You are right, though - Nintendo does strike a great balance with fantastic visuals.
I don't put a whole lot of stock into things like 4K and whatnot, but it does hold Nintendo back in some regards. I get that the Switch is portable so naturally there are going to be drawbacks from that...

Nevertheless they still make their games look good.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Will need to download it before I leave my home for the weekend. I was planning on taking my Switch anyways, but now I'm even more sure of it

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Got Hyrule Warriors.

I am trying hard to really like it....but I just don't. Might go trade it back in within the week for full credit towards Captain Toad because I am betting the Mario Tennis demo will keep me occupied until some more new releases hit.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Considering this seems to be a nostalgia play directly aimed at my demographic...I'm starting to get worried now about Pokemon Go integration.

Pokemon Go is the saddest excuse for a 'game' I've ever attempted to 'play.'

Reactions: Nizdizzle

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Always take leaks with a grain of salt at this time of year. Anything without actual gameplay is likely to be a bunch if crap.

It's almost the end of May and there hasn't been any hint of an announcement yet.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yeah, I'm not buying the Pokemon GO stuff. Not til I hear something from a legit source.

I bought Hyrule Warriors over the weekend... I want to love it, but I'm really not enjoying it as much as I expected I would. For the most part I have no idea whats going on on the map. Something pops up saying "we need help here" and literally the entire map starts pinging all over the place. For the most part I just run around attacking any reds points and seem to be winning everything. Need to play more to see if I'm missing something here.

Reactions: Pilky01

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, I'm not buying the Pokemon GO stuff. Not til I hear something from a legit source.

I bought Hyrule Warriors over the weekend... I want to love it, but I'm really not enjoying it as much as I expected I would. For the most part I have no idea whats going on on the map. Something pops up saying "we need help here" and literally the entire map starts pinging all over the place. For the most part I just run around attacking any reds points and seem to be winning everything. Need to play more to see if I'm missing something here.
It's one of those genres that you kinda learn as you go along. I played it on the Wii U a long time ago and didn't understand it at first but gradually learned the ins and outs of it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I gave up. Traded it back into EB for full credit, put the value towards Captain Toad and eShop money.

I might rebuy it in two years time when it goes on sale, but not even my most beloved IP The Legend of Zelda can make me enjoy this gameplay.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I think Nia is a better choice than Rex, but I think both should make it.

Nia is unique because Dromarch is with her at all times, which would make her a cool fighter.

I can see Rex being in it and having his moves do more damage and act different depending how close Pyra(and other blades hint hint) are to him.

I can also see Jin being a character as well, the game can always use more emo swordsmen.

One level also has to be on Gramps' back.

Also, Core Crystals should also act like assist trophies that summon random blades to do their thangsss

HIRE ME NINTENDO

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's weird to go into a new Smash game with absolutely no information.

But have to think XC2 gets a fair amount of representation.

I need to get to that game...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Cut out the Rex middleman and just make Pyra/Mythra work like Zelda/Sheik used to.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pokémon simply going back to Kanto would be such a disappointment. The last gen was appealing to 7 year olds in terms of story and difficulty, while trying to appeal to the older crowd with Kanto Pokémon. If they do that again I give up on the franchise.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I downloaded this Sushi Striker demo and I'm pretty sure this game has the best story in video game history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad