Confirmed with Link: nino to preds

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I'm not Nino's greatest fan but he's definitely a very humble person and good human being. The day before he took his flight to Nashville he took the time to practice with a 17yo goalie prospect of his local hockey club. Apparently the kid is trying to come back from injury and therefore asked Niederreiter to practice with him. Niederreiter maybe have an advisory role for the club and because he also talked to that reporter before and after practice it may also have been a bit of a PR stunt but still...how many NHL players would do this?

In the interview Niederreiter said that he had other contract offers...Colorado being one of those teams. He ultimately picked Nashville because it's a good team and he saw an opportunity to potentially play top6. He also liked Nashville because he knows Josi and both top6 Centers. Both Johansen and Granlund are former teammates of his he'd love to play with. He said he liked Carolina a lot and that it was tough to leave but he also said that he'd love to play in a more offensive role than in Carolina where him, Staal and Fast were tasked with defensive zone starts vs the opponents top lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
I haven't watched any preseason. How does Nino look so far? Going to be interesting having him on the Preds. He's been an antagonist for so long.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I haven't watched any preseason. How does Nino look so far? Going to be interesting having him on the Preds. He's been an antagonist for so long.
Hell of a forechecker and a heavy hitter. Not the fleetest of foot but can get there. Works well with Joey and will score some greasy goals.

Reactions: Aardvarksson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad