check the trade boards

this is rad

so we have

Forsberg- Granlund- duchene
Nino-Johansen-Tomasino
Herd
4th line

wonder if this means trenin is on the move

Should still have plenty of cap room for Trenin with this deal, plus Trenin's deal will only be 2 years because of RFA contract. I think this is a fair deal for both sides. Probably not what Nino was hoping to get this year, but fair considering he didn't have many if any offers left to consider.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN

Here's my outlook with Nino in the lineup and our cap situation with Trenin signing at 1.75 for 2 years. We're just around 2.6m in cap space. This is assuming we bury Lakinen in the AHL and of course some assumptions on who plays 4th line role after training camp ends, since that is still to be decided.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Not a bad deal. Not really stoked for him in top 6 since his production isn’t exactly great but a good all around player and solid term/AAV.

Past 3 seasons he’s been a 23G 21A per 82 pace

Here's my outlook with Nino in the lineup and our cap situation with Trenin signing at 1.75 for 2 years. We're just around 2.6m in cap space. This is assuming we bury Lakinen in the AHL and of course some assumptions on who plays 4th line role after training camp ends, since that is still to be decided.
I doubt we bury Lankinen. I kind of wonder if we carry 3 Goalies at the start of the season to let Ingram and Lankinen duke it out for backup

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Time to get poolparty for picks and run

Forsberg Joey duchene
Nino Granlund poolparty
Tolvanen glass tomasino
Beast

First line all action
2nd line surprisingly good defensively
Young guns
Party animals

Reactions: BigFatCat999

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I am sure Tanner is thinking... NN is getting $4M with 44pts and I had 41pts so if I can do that again or more I should look at getting the same type of $$ after this year.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
the way I see the lines right now;

Forsberg-Johansen-Duchene
Jeannot-Granlund-Nino
Tolvanen-Glass-Tomasino
Sanford-Sissons-Trenin

McCarron and Novak as the extra forwards

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I like the goal scoring of course but considering this more than covers for Kunin’s scoring the power play differential is really the benefit imo.

Reactions: Sverra and Viqsi

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I like the goal scoring of course but considering this is basically a replacement for Kunin’s scoring (actually more) the power play differential is really the benefit imo.

You obviously haven’t watched Nino play if you’re comparing him to Kunin.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
You obviously haven’t watched Nino play if you’re comparing him to Kunin.

I’m comparing stats. We lost goals and assists with Kunin leaving that needed to be replaced. This more than does that plus completely offsets Kunin’s penalties.

How in the world did you read the original post (before edit since I was in the midst of cleaning it up) and your main takeaway was that I thought Nino was simply Kunin?

These boards really frustrate me sometimes.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Great deal, I had accepted that we were going to sign Kessel, but this is way better!

Nino always reminded me of an upgraded Craig Smith. Should give us some much needed depth scoring.

Get Tkachuk next? Need to ship out a lot, probably a pipe dream, but imagine:

Forsberg - Duchene - Tkachuk
Nino - Johansen - Granlund

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Good solid move. Guy has been a consistent middle six goal scorer and point producer his entire career. Poile gets him cheaply on a short contract. To top it off he has good size and plays physically. Forsberg, Jeannot, Trenin, Nino, Joey...lots of big guys with talent. Looking forward to it. I do worry a little bit about (lack of) speed up front. Always something to worry about lol.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
the way I see the lines right now;

Forsberg-Johansen-Duchene
Jeannot-Granlund-Nino
Tolvanen-Glass-Tomasino
Sanford-Sissons-Trenin

McCarron and Novak as the extra forwards
Nino needs help transitioning the puck into the zone, so you assume Granlund is a good piece for that. Once they are there you have a distributor, a shooter, and a mucker that all should be able to cycle effectively. I like these lines on paper.

I'd also say that kid line had flashes last year and deserves some minutes to see how they are developing.

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
Great deal, I had accepted that we were going to sign Kessel, but this is way better!

Nino always reminded me of an upgraded Craig Smith. Should give us some much needed depth scoring.

Get Tkachuk next? Need to ship out a lot, probably a pipe dream, but imagine:

Forsberg - Duchene - Tkachuk
Nino - Johansen - Granlund
The Preds have 4 mil in cap now. They would either have to move Duchene or Joey, or something like Fabbro+Granlund. We shall see.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
How do I feel about this? We seem to be signing some upper shelf vet talent, this is weird. I’m used to us signing vet talent that fizzle. These two seem to have some fire still. What is happening? My computer isnt processing. Open the pod bay door!

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
This is a very good contract for a good player that absolutely improves the team.

However, I'm not sure that it changes the dynamic of what this team is: a very good first line (pick 3) and then a committee of above-average-to-good depending upon how some of the young players develop behind that first line. Playoffs-wise, if you can successfully shutdown that top line or force Nashville to dilute their strength across multiple lines, do they scare you? I'm not sure. They certainly might- and I certainly hope so.

That strategy worked for St. Louis and before them as well. I'm just partial to the higher ceiling offered by employing by more aggressive approaches.

Of course, that could still be a path if Trenin is included in any potential deal, but I don't find it remotely likely at this point (and not really before this signing either given the history).

Last edited:

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
4M AVV is a steal compared to other recent deals.

happy he joined the preds. he ads some grit and scoring.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Guy's a total douchecanoe, so was a perfect fit for the Canes alongside the likes of Svechnikov. This should work out well for us and the price is right. We've actually managed to get even tougher to play against than we were last season.

Reactions: weeze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad