Rumor: Nils Lundkvist requests a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Fact, you have no idea what Lemiewux is telling him but will continue to ignore the fact that agents give their players advice, especially very young players. So him holding out is almost 100% advice from his agent.
Again your reaching for straws. Fact is , No one knows what advice Lemieux is giving him but go ahead and lay the blame on Lemieux since you seem to know exactly what Lemieux told him what to do.
Can you tell us the exact words he used?:facepalm:

but Nils is > Kidney
Barron + Nils are 2 higher regarded prospects, they are just apples t+ oranges, both of which are needed to win.
You need big Trouba types AND you need a Fox QB type.

so no

Nils has the ultimate final say down the road
The Rangers control the immediate situation
Thank you. Some one that understand the situation unlike others who think they know who's to blame.

Reactions: bernmeister

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You know jack shit about Nils. Kids a soft spoken beta. Lemieux is the exact opposite.

Anyone who’s familiar with both people and their personality’s would tell you where this demand is coming from.

Lemieux is a realist. He sees Fox, Trouba and Schneider ahead of Nils. He also knows Gallant likes heavy dmen.

Nils and Lemieux collectively agreed a trade is in their best interest. It’s not one or the other. Claude played a big role in this decision and you know it.
I would say neither one of us knows Jack Shit about the situation but one poster completely blames Lemieux for the stance that Nils has taken. He could be right but he also could be wrong.
The only thing you said that seems right is Nils and Lemieux collectively agreed a trade is in their best interest.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs have the 7th deepest propect pools in the league, where the Ranger's is ranked 19th.
I trust HuGo to come out with an out-of-the-box offer Drury will accept.

We need depth at that position and they prefer NHL-ready guys over prospects. Nils would have a chance at top4 and PP minutes, all the while putting pressure on Barron and Mailloux for this spot long term.

I would do most of those:
Roy vs Lundkvist
Kidney + Engstrom (5 points in two games the same day, promoted to SHL, lefty who plays right) vs Lundkvist
Mysak + 3rd vs Lundkvist

From left field:
Mailloux vs Lundkvist
Drafted at similar positions. Both offensive RH Dmen. MTL gets a few years ahead and fill the need of a ready RHD.
And also getting out of that PR nightmare...
Rangers get the equivalent of Lundkvist, 3 years younger, ready when Trouba leaves in a few years.
And gets a few inches in height, while Mailloux stands at 6'3".
I would do all but Mailloux vs Lundkvist.
Lundkvist plays nothing like Mailloux and Mailloux has the size over him.
We should not be moving Mailloux till we see what we have in him.

Reactions: Chose

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs wouldn't trade Roy for Nils.

Kidney maybe due do depth, Mysak I doubt

Kidney Vs Nils makes sense for both teams

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs wouldn't trade Roy for Nils.

Kidney maybe due do depth, Mysak I doubt

Kidney Vs Nils makes sense for both teams
I would be open to taking the chance of trading one of Roy/Mysak or Kidney for Nils. It's a risk i would take.

Reactions: Chose

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
It's a bigger risk and it wouldn't be what I would attempt, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the out-of-the-box move HuGo would do. Mailloux is a distraction, and was a gift from the old management. He's played what, 12 games in the last two years ? And he is still junior bound... And still injured.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It's a bigger risk and it wouldn't be what I would attempt, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the out-of-the-box move HuGo would do. Mailloux is a distraction, and was a gift from the old management. He's played what, 12 games in the last two years ? And he is still junior bound... And still injured.

...and is a 6'3, 210lbs Offensive Defenseman with phenomenal potential that the Habs haven't even scratched the surface with yet...HuGo isn't trading Mailloux until they at least see what they have in him...

Reactions: ole ole

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
And we all know why he only played 12 games. That would be the lamest reason for trading him.
Mailloux being a distraction has long gone. Trading him without giving him a chance would make the organization look worst than when they drafted him.

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
And we all know why he only played 12 games. That would be the lamest reason for trading him.
Mailloux being a distraction has long gone. Trading him without giving him a chance would make the organization look worst than when they drafted him.
He was suspended, then came covid, and then his injury.
All in all, he did loose two seasons of development at a crucial age.

The current management doesn't really care how the past management team would look. (Poehling ?)

And they like their players to be 20-22, so they all grow together and haste the rebuild.
It's not like Lundkvist has no value, no upside... He could fit really well. There is even a spot waiting for him in the NHL...

But I understand your point. Just playing devil's advocate...

Last edited:

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
And I have the feeling that if Kidney or Mysak was enough, it would have been pulled already by now.
Drury is looking for similar value, and one can argue that having been drafted at almost the same position, both being RH PMDs, and both having had "problems", makes them of comparable value.

Last edited:

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
...and is a 6'3, 210lbs Offensive Defenseman with phenomenal potential that the Habs haven't even scratched the surface with yet...HuGo isn't trading Mailloux until they at least see what they have in him...
I received a similarly strong reaction when I had suggested to use Romanov's value and our depth at LHD to trade for a need, one week before he was delt. (In another forum)

Romanov and Mailloux have good value, and it might have been a good idea to hang on to Romanov, but Dach has potential and addresses a need.

You have to pay to receive.
And if Ranger's fans are any indications of Drury's stance, a package involving a lesser asset like Kidney or Mysak + a pick isn't what they are looking for.

I think Roy or Mailloux would be needed to close the deal.
Otherwise, the risk is that Drury also holds like he did with Kravtsov and laugh at all the lowball offers around a 2nd pick value...

Last edited:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I received a similarly strong reaction when I had suggested to use Romanov's value and our depth at LHD to trade for a need, one week before he was delt. (In another forum)

Romanov and Mailloux have good value, and it might have been a good idea to hang on to Romanov, but Dach has potential and addresses a need.

You have to pay to receive.
And if Ranger's fans are any indications of Drury's stance, a package involving a lesser asset like Kidney or Mysak + a pick isn't what they are looking for.

I think Roy or Mailloux would be needed to close the deal.
Otherwise, the risk is that Drury also holds like he did with Kravtsov and laugh at all the lowball offers around a 2nd pick value...
He can totally do that. And then Nils doesn_t sign back with the NYR and stays in Sweden

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
He can totally do that. And then Nils doesn_t sign back with the NYR and stays in Sweden
It can happen. Like Dach might never live up to the expectations.
There are always risks.
But he just won his bet with Kravtsov. He is back. Did not loose value over a trade to accomodate him.
Still is a potential top6 winger.
Did not stay in the KHL. NHL is the best league, paying big money...
Why would Nils spit on so many potential million$ ?

What would you do if you were Drury ?
Many teams probably offer Kidney like risks or a second round pick. Would you accept such a lowball offer ?
He doesn't need him right away, he can wait to see how Kidney pans out and do this next summer...

While we are forced to play Bowey/Wideman this season... And while Barron has a hard time with tougher competition and we need him too much to send him down a few games...

Last edited:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
It can happen. Like Dach might never live up to the expectations.
There are always risks.
But he just won his bet with Kravtsov. He is back. Did not loose value over a trade to accomodate him.
Still is a potential top6 winger.
Did not stay in the KHL. NHL is the best league, paying big money...
Why would Nils spit on so many potential million$ ?

What would you do if you were Drury ?
Many teams probably offer Kidney like risks or a second round pick. Would you accept such a lowball offer ?
He doesn't need him right away, he can wait to see how Kidney pans out and do this next summer...

While we are forced to play Bowey/Wideman this season... And while Barron has a hard time with tougher competition and we need him too much to send him down a few games...
What makes it such a lowball offer in your eyes. Kidney and Mysak are both good young C prospects. They’re both younger than Lundkvist. And most importantly they’re willing to show up and play. Right now Lundkvist has no value to the team. He wants out and he won’t report to camp. Ultimately his trade value is what others are willing to offer for him. Sure. Drury can sit on him. But to what end? Why not fill a need and get a player that wants to be there.

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
What makes it such a lowball offer in your eyes. Kidney and Mysak are both good young C prospects. They’re both younger than Lundkvist. And most importantly they’re willing to show up and play. Right now Lundkvist has no value to the team. He wants out and he won’t report to camp. Ultimately his trade value is what others are willing to offer for him. Sure. Drury can sit on him. But to what end? Why not fill a need and get a player that wants to be there.
Because Kidney & Mysak are 2nd rounders that were minor leaguers. They have yet to prove they are worth more than their drafted position. They probably improved their value a little, but maybe not enough to be traded for a 1st rounder PMD with a devastating shot and PP1 potential, that is knocking at the NHL's doors. If they were closer to the NHL, proven potential, it would be a done deal if I read the fans right.

The fact that we would have to add to the trade speaks a lot about their value.

While Lundkvist was a first round pick, considered 5th in the Ranger's prospect pool, has potentiel top4 which is considered a better value than a projected 3rd line center. I hear a lot "top50 prospect", I don't think Mysak or Kidney are yet considered that high. They don't even crack MTL's top10.

Yes, he is currently holding, but being behind Fox and Trouba makes this understandable and probably doesn't lower his value much. He could probably fetch Beck or Farrell value, but we are not parting with those.

Drury can sit and wait for Lundkvist to attract a reasonnable offer, or wait for him to be back next year like Kravtsov just did in the exact same situation.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Because Kidney & Mysak are 2nd rounders that were minor leaguers. They have yet to prove they are worth more than their drafted position. They probably improved their value a little, but maybe not enough to be traded for a 1st rounder with a devastating shot, with PP1 potential. If they were closer to the NHL, proven potential, it would be a done deal if I read the fans right.

While Lundkvist was a first round pick, considered 5th in the Ranger's prospect pool, has potentiel top4 which is considered a better value than a projected 3rd line center. I hear a lot "top50 prospect", I don't think Mysak or Kidney are yet considered that high. They don't even crack MTL's top10.

Yes, he is currently holding, but being behind Fox and Trouba makes this understandable and probably doesn't lower his value much. He could probably fetch Beck or Farrell value, but we are not parting with those.

Drury can sit and wait for Lundkvist to attract a reasonnable offer, or wait for him to be back next year like Kravtsov just did...

...and Montreal moves on to another target...HuGo isn't an idiot; he knows how this works and it's not like the Habs NEED to trade for a RD or anyone right now, we're projected to hit the basement, not the Playoffs...I get you like Lundkvist, but no one is going to overpay for him at this juncture, especially not a team that's in the first stages of a rebuild...Drury can hang on to him forever, should he choose...

• Haha
Reactions: One Winged Angel

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Because Kidney & Mysak are 2nd rounders that were minor leaguers. They have yet to prove they are worth more than their drafted position. They probably improved their value a little, but maybe not enough to be traded for a 1st rounder PMD with a devastating shot and PP1 potential, that is knocking at the NHL's doors. If they were closer to the NHL, proven potential, it would be a done deal if I read the fans right.

Drury can sit and wait for Lundkvist to attract a reasonnable offer, or wait for him to be back next year like Kravtsov just did in the exact same situation.
He was a LATE 1st rounder 4 years ago. I don’t think what he was projected to be 4 years ago factors in to what’s worth today

• Haha
Reactions: One Winged Angel

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
...and Montreal moves on to another target...HuGo isn't an idiot; he knows how this works and it's not like the Habs NEED to trade for a RD or anyone right now, we're projected to hit the basement, not the Playoffs...I get you like Lundkvist, but no one is going to overpay for him at this juncture, especially not a team that's in the first stages of a rebuild...Drury can hang on to him forever, should he choose...
I wouldn't mind another target, not in love with Lundkvist.
Just thought he'd be the perfect fit for our lack of depth at that position.
And I also think Lundkvist wouldn't move Montreal to a contender position. We would still end up in the basement, don't you think ?
But at his age, he would be perfect to grow with the rest of the team. His shot would benefit the development of our other studs. His competition would help Barron giving his best...

He was a LATE 1st rounder 4 years ago. I don’t think what he was projected to be 4 years ago factors in to what’s worth today
He is still listed as a great prospect today, otherwise, why would we want him that much ?
Didn't he win best defenseman in Sweden between his draft and now too ?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...good luck with that...if that's the return, Drury just Jedi Mindf**ked Nill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad