Nikolay Goldobin

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Great. DW makes up for completely ******** the bed in last years draft.

The Hawks picked a player worse than Goldilocks with the pick we gave them.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I keep seeing goblin when I read his name so that's what I'm going with. I like him. It's exciting to have a prospect who is "fun to watch". Looking forward to watching him grow.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People don't like Mueller because it wasn't a flashy pick or a flashy player. I have a feeling everybody is gonna love Goldobin.

I was cool with the Mueller pick. I just didn't like the trade-up to get him. I didn't like the trade-down here either but the pick I am cool with.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I'll repost the numbers and scouting reports I had from the draft thread over here for people who don't want to go searching that thread:

5ocjd4.jpg

"Goldobin is a dangerous shooter with a wicked release on his wrist shot. He is quick and creative and can make defenders look foolish. He's weak against bigger opponents and can look lost in his own zone but is extremely dangerous and can quietly slide into prime scoring areas. (August 2013)"

"Goldobin has been on an absolute tear this year. Third in OHL scoring with 68 points in 42 games this season, Goldobin has jumped up draft boards and only continued to do so in the CHL Top Prospects Game. With one goal and an assist in the game, Goldobin earned Team Cherry’s Player of the Game honors. Hopefully, being a draft pick of Metallurg Novokuznetsk in the KHL won’t sway Goldobin away from the NHL or NHL scouts away from drafting the talented Russian.

Because he certainly has the package of skills to garner the attention that he has been getting. He has a great release on his wrister and is a dangerous shooter. But Goldobin is also an effective playmaker. The Russian winger can thread the needle and displays excellent vision. And after recording the most goals and points as an OHL rookie last season, Goldobin has shown that he is an offensive threat.

However, there are some concerns about his game. Goldobin is not an extremely fast skater, but is able to make up for that with his intelligence, creativity and stick skills. More concerning though, scouts want to see more consistency and an increased dedication to improving his two way game.

Goldobin was impressive in the prospects game though and, with some refinement, should prove to be an offensive threat. As long as there is a dedication to playing a two way game, and playing in North America, his stock should continue to rise."

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Seems like a top 6 or bust prospect. Also sounds like he could jump in after one more year in Juniors if he bulks up.

His status here is going to be more about his dedication to improving his defensive game more than bulking up. Bulking up will certainly help but if he doesn't get involved defensively and improve, he's not going to get the call. He probably won't ever be good enough to be a shutdown type of forward but he has to be at least average in order for this staff to put him on NHL ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad