Nikolay Goldobin

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I absolutely love this pick. I've seen a lot of Goldobin over the last 2 years and the Sharks taking a player like him makes me very happy!!

Fantastic value at 27.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Really happy with this. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets 9 games in SJ this season.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Played for Team Cherry in the OHL top prospects game.

TEAM CHERRY.

and you guys are worried. :shakehead

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
post from the draft board by That:

Goldobin has incredible hands and vision. He's also a really good skater and possesses very good speed. He's really at his best when he's carrying the puck around the net, it's fun to watch. No one can take the puck from him. Goldobin also has great vision, he makes some incredible passes. I've really liked how easily he's meshed with his teammates. Whether it be Latta, Moore, Galchenyuk, or Hottot, he's looked very good with all of them. Very smart player too, he makes very good reads and anticipates the play. He can steal the puck from much bigger opponents and make it look easy. Despite his small frame, he protects the puck well and goes to heavy traffic areas. He's likes to go the net and scores from in tight.

Goldobin always looked slight on the ice, but when I saw him live he looked very, very slight. Plenty of time for him to add weight though. He has a tendency to try and do too much, but lately he's been finding his teammates easier. Another thing is that his decision making is odd at times. His defensive game is pretty weak too, and he needs to improve his acceleration.

Overall, he's a very talented player with incredible puck skills, a ton fun to watch. I don't really see any problems with his game, he's very skilled and a smart player too. He's a definitely a player to keep an eye out for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad