Injury Report: Niklas Backstrom (Upper body)

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Backstrom injured after getting run into by Kadri.

ipLLokffuGiRw.gif

From the press conference right now, Yeo was asked if Backstrom has a head injury. Yeo nodded and said "Yes, he has an upper body injury."

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
How did Kadri not get tossed after that play? i mean there is accidents and there is that ****.

Wow what a piece of ****

WildFinn*

How did Kadri not get tossed after that play? i mean there is accidents and there is that ****.

Wow what a piece of ****

Seems he also landed on Bäcks head on purpose with his elbow, he should have been beaten to a pulp.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm concerned about his arm. Kadri lands pretty hard on it. What a gutless puke of a player Kadri is. I'm now glad his own player took him out with an elbow to the head.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
The bum Suter just stands there and lets it happen then goes and sits on Kadri. yeah that'l show 'em.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
The bum Suter just stands there and lets it happen then goes and sits on Kadri. yeah that'l show 'em.

I don't get this kind of comment. What do you want him to do? Start sucker punching Kadri and get 2 minutes for roughing and cancel out the incoming PP or even worst?

I don't think this team is soft. They keep their heads level and realize doing goon like activity will lose themselves the game like the Leafs did last night.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
If the refs and the NHL do their jobs and properly toss and suspend people for these kinds of hits, there is no need for in-game retaliation, which only leads to more dangerous hits.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I don't get this kind of comment. What do you want him to do? Start sucker punching Kadri and get 2 minutes for roughing and cancel out the incoming PP or even worst?

I don't think this team is soft. They keep their heads level and realize doing goon like activity will lose themselves the game like the Leafs did last night.

Pretty sure that is a Predators fan and he's trying to get a reaction out of us :laugh:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Pretty sure that is a Predators fan and he's trying to get a reaction out of us :laugh:

Yup. I started to wonder why someone would want the NHL's leading minutes eater in the penalty box and then I looked at the username.

As much as I would've like to have seen Kadri get pounded into the ice, I'm not convinced that us retaliating would've made Kadri and others think twice about taking liberties. I feel like in-game retaliation is a dated philosophy that doesn't translate to the modern day NHL (see the Bertuzzi/Moore incident). The officials need to do their job and prevent the game from turning into a goonfest. The off-ice officials need to do their job by actually setting meaningful consequences for behavior like Kadri's last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad