Nikita Zadorov wins the 2018 Super Smash Bros Title

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's tough to say what you do with Zadorov IMO. I definitely think we need to wait another year before negotiating long term with him. He was still too inconsistent from night to night for my liking this season, and while he looked to be getting better at this as the season wore on, I'd still want to see one more year before committing to a long term deal yet.

The thing about Zads is he's likely never going to be a huge point producer, not with his limited PP minutes. So even if he does put together an 82 game season next year playing at the high level he's capable of, he likely still only tops out at maybe 35 points. So he wont ever get the biggest deal on his next contract regardless.

I think waiting until summer of 2019 to negotiate with him would be the better course of action. Unless you can get him to sign something that starts with a 4 for 7-8 years this summer, otherwise just see what he brings next year. At most I think he's only going to get 5.5-5.75 on his new deal.

Z reminds me quite a bit of a younger EJ (with more physical play), he looks good generating offense in those end-to-end rushes, but any offensive zone time he tends to kill the play by shooting it into shin pads instead of making a pass/dumping it back in. As he matures I think he'll have a similar offensive trajectory as EJ with the same growing pains as well. Defensively he still has a ways to go before reaching EJ's level of consistent play, but there's definitely potential.

I honestly don't think Z is a 35-40 point defenseman, he just doesn't have the offensive IQ to be given more PP time or offensive situations. The great thing is that he doesn't need to be that with Makar, Barrie, Timmins, and Girard all on the team/system.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I asked Z if he knew he led the league in hits today.

“Yes”

Ok then.
Haha, he's quickly becoming my favorite personality on the team. He seems to have a great sense of humor and absurd confidence. I loved seeing little moments like that from Ghetto as well like in the bad dates video. I cant even imagine how much fun this team has together.

Reactions: arun and MarkT

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Someone is going to have their work cut out putting together the Z smash highlights.
I kept a list of all his big hits last season so it was easy to hunt down all the highlights. Wasn’t so organized this season.

If anyone remembers a big hit off the top of their head, or a good Z sequence, I could probably make another highlight video this summer.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I kept a list of all his big hits last season so it was easy to hunt down all the highlights. Wasn’t so organized this season.

If anyone remembers a big hit off the top of their head, or a good Z sequence, I could probably make another highlight video this summer.

There is probably at least 82 that are highlight reel worthy lol

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That hit on Scheifele was so crazy. Every time I see it I cringe a little. It was like Stevens on Kariya in the playoffs. He literally never saw him coming.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Some of those non-hits are just as good. That game in Chicago last season where Z forced the player to bail in a race for the puck. Did it twice I think.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad