Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He just wins at life.

CvkPA76UsAEfd9Y.jpg

DMn4afsVQAExGzU.jpg

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Clean hit
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/huge.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/karge.png

Reactions: missionAvs

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think it's pretty cool that we've traded away two of our star players for package deals, and in both cases you could make an argument that a single player from each deal is already good enough to make that deal fair.

Reactions: Pure and BrickAHL

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean, okay...

I guess I'll go there, I think Z is probably a number three, ROR is possibly a top five two way center.

We are all entitled to a few biased opinions that would draw some raised eyebrows - clearly this is one of mind, influenced by a newfound man crush on Big Z and not entirely based on logic. I do think ROR’s cap hit and Z’s ascension on a blue line that is finally starting to look like something we can build on do weigh in as factors though. And with E.J. always hurt and lightweights like Barrie and Girard (and at some point Makar) playing huge roles - I think Big Z’s physical game while being able to play important minutes is of tremendous value.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
We are all entitled to a few biased opinions that would draw some raised eyebrows - clearly this is one of mind, influenced by a newfound man crush on Big Z and not entirely based on logic. I do think ROR’s cap hit and Z’s ascension on a blue line that is finally starting to look like something we can build on do weigh in as factors though. And with E.J. always hurt and lightweights like Barrie and Girard (and at some point Makar) playing huge roles - I think Big Z’s physical game while being able to play important minutes is of tremendous value.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
That means you need to value defense. But then, some would rather pay ROR $7M+/year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's tough to say what you do with Zadorov IMO. I definitely think we need to wait another year before negotiating long term with him. He was still too inconsistent from night to night for my liking this season, and while he looked to be getting better at this as the season wore on, I'd still want to see one more year before committing to a long term deal yet.

The thing about Zads is he's likely never going to be a huge point producer, not with his limited PP minutes. So even if he does put together an 82 game season next year playing at the high level he's capable of, he likely still only tops out at maybe 35 points. So he wont ever get the biggest deal on his next contract regardless.

I think waiting until summer of 2019 to negotiate with him would be the better course of action. Unless you can get him to sign something that starts with a 4 for 7-8 years this summer, otherwise just see what he brings next year. At most I think he's only going to get 5.5-5.75 on his new deal.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's tough to say what you do with Zadorov IMO. I definitely think we need to wait another year before negotiating long term with him. He was still too inconsistent from night to night for my liking this season, and while he looked to be getting better at this as the season wore on, I'd still want to see one more year before committing to a long term deal yet.

The thing about Zads is he's likely never going to be a huge point producer, not with his limited PP minutes. So even if he does put together an 82 game season next year playing at the high level he's capable of, he likely still only tops out at maybe 35 points. So he wont ever get the biggest deal on his next contract regardless.

I think waiting until summer of 2019 to negotiate with him would be the better course of action. Unless you can get him to sign something that starts with a 4 for 7-8 years this summer, otherwise just see what he brings next year. At most I think he's only going to get 5.5-5.75 on his new deal.

I was thinking about that. Would it be so bad at some point in the future to put out two defenseman with Zadorov offering that big shot from the point as an option? It might cut down on the short handed goals too.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Impressive considering he was playing against top lines for the majority of the season. There is really only one other player that has a high hits/key ice time, Larsson.

Well done Peacock, smash away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->