Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
A few good moments from last season...
So much talent. Let's hope he can stay healthy and spend the whole season with Galchenyuk/in the top six

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
AFGr64I.gif

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Even better:

I'm all for tanking and getting more young talent, but we do have a lot of young players who each have a certain potential. It remains to be seen if they'll reach of course, but there is potential:

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Scherbak, Drouin, Zadina?, Hudon, Lehkonen, Danault, Carr, Deslauriers, DLR

Mete, Juulsen, Reilly, +?

11 forwards and 3 dmen with a certain potential, that are 26 and under. Our future depends on what they become and what we add to the core.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm all for tanking and getting more young talent, but we do have a lot of young players who each have a certain potential. It remains to be seen if they'll reach of course, but there is potential:

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Scherbak, Drouin, Zadina?, Hudon, Lehkonen, Danault, Carr, Deslauriers, DLR

Mete, Juulsen, Reilly, +?

11 forwards and 3 dmen with a certain potential, that are 26 and under. Our future depends on what they become and what we add to the core.
We need game breaking and elite talent. Our 3 best players, Price, Pacioretty and Weber, all 30 and older. Max is most likely gone this summer and if we draft Zadina, he won't be NHL ready for at least 2 years. We don't have prospects ready to step in and make the team better next season. We are missing 2 top 2 center and 2 top 4 dmen. We need a terrible season again where Bergevin gets fired and we get another 2 years of tanking/rebuild and let's hope that in 2021 we have accumulated enough assets from tanking and trading Price, Petry, Byron, Weber and Pacioretty.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
We need game breaking and elite talent. Our 3 best players, Price, Pacioretty and Weber, all 30 and older. Max is most likely gone this summer and if we draft Zadina, he won't be NHL ready for at least 2 years. We don't have prospects ready to step in and make the team better next season. We are missing 2 top 2 center and 2 top 4 dmen. We need a terrible season again where Bergevin gets fired and we get another 2 years of tanking/rebuild and let's hope that in 2021 we have accumulated enough assets from tanking and trading Price, Petry, Byron, Weber and Pacioretty.

I'm wasn't talking about next season, I was talking about a few seasons down the line.

Galchenyuk, Drouin, Gallagher, Scherbak, and Zadina? all have the potential to be game breakers. I'm not saying they'll reach it. But they have talent and we'll see what they become. Gallagher was on pace for 37 goals once he didn't have to play with Plekanec anymore, Galchenyuk was top 10 in the NHL in scoring before his knee injury (which wasn't nearly as bad as Koivu's), Scherbak may end up being the most talented of them all, Drouin was beyond elite in junior, too early to write him off just yet (Kovalev was written off as a Ranger), and then there's Zadina?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm wasn't talking about next season, I was talking about a few seasons down the line.

Galchenyuk, Drouin, Gallagher, Scherbak, and Zadina? all have the potential to be game breakers. I'm not saying they'll reach it. But they have talent and we'll see what they become. Gallagher was on pace for 37 goals once he didn't have to play with Plekanec anymore, Galchenyuk was top 10 in the NHL in scoring before his knee injury (which wasn't nearly as bad as Koivu's), Scherbak may end up being the most talented of them all, Drouin was beyond elite in junior, too early to write him off just yet (Kovalev was written off as a Ranger), and then there's Zadina?
Do you realize Montreal played 80% of their games against back up goalies and our best point better was Gallagher at 106th with only 54 points. We got shutout 11 times if I remember correctly. This team needs to be blown up.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The moment he'll get some confidence they're going to hinder his progress again with added defensive responsibilities.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Do you realize Montreal played 80% of their games against back up goalies and our best point better was Gallagher at 106th with only 54 points. We got shutout 11 times if I remember correctly. This team needs to be blown up.

I disagree that we need to trade our young players.

I'm all for trading Price, Weber, Pacioretty, Petry, Byron, and Shaw (even though he's 26 and under, I just think he sucks). We could get a lot of good building blocks for them.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
My only concern with Bergevin is that he trades away our good young players in bad deals before he gets fired by the end of next year.

He's shown he's highly capable of doing that, see: the Sergachev and Subban trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The moment he'll get some confidence they're going to hinder his progress again with added defensive responsibilities.

It's like a very fundamentalist parochial school in the first half of the last century where "teachers" would literally beat the left-handedness out of young children in order to conform to the mob.

Except it's the Habs. With hockey. And high skill.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
we will se at the end of the year ! but we finish having nothing for McCarron and Tinordi... don’t do the same mistake with Scheback
his value on the trade market is extremely low, there's no point in trading him right now.

We can only hope he can get better at this point.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I have know trust in Scherbak ! pretty sure he will finish like an other Perezoghin. He has no straight in his low body, no work ethic, his skating his not really good

We always knew Scherbak was a brute talent when he was drafted. These types of players can take time to develop. Unfortunately, Sly was mainly the one developing.

Let's give him until he's 25 to see what kind of player he'll become. Patience. It's not like we're contending over the next two years anyways.

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be better than Galchenyuk and Drouin. Hockey people that have covered the Rocket/Bulldogs like Marc Denis and Dan Ratherson talk about how his talent level is off the charts. He can control the pp and the play like only few can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad