Player Discussion Nikita Scherbak - Stay In Yo Lane Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
If Scherbak plays regularly in the top 9 next year, he'll play with good linemates and we can decide if he's an NHLer with 20 goal potential. Lots of competition on the wings though.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Very interesting player when playing with confidence. Nice mix of vision and puck skills. Could be a legit player if he gets stronger and better luck health wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer and jaffy27

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Kid gets stronger especially on his upper body.
Works on his edge game, turns need to be tighter.
Works on his first two steps.
Gets to play with REAL offensive player for almost all the pre-season games to build his confidence and for real evaluation.
Give him 15 games at the start of the season on the top 9 or top 6 id he really shines.
Re-evaluate him then.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
If Scherbak plays regularly in the top 9 next year, he'll play with good linemates and we can decide if he's an NHLer with 20 goal potential. Lots of competition on the wings though.
Depends on what we decide to do with guys like Byron and Pacioretty. His real competition IMO is Lehkonen for a spot in the top six.

Reactions: Fixxer

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Kid gets stronger especially on his upper body.
Works on his edge game, turns need to be tighter.
Works on his first two steps.
Gets to play with REAL offensive player for almost all the pre-season games to build his confidence and for real evaluation.
Give him 15 games at the start of the season on the top 9 or top 6 id he really shines.
Re-evaluate him then.
He’s not a top 6 player. Gallagher. Galchenyuk Drouin and lehkonen should be our top 6 wingers
Pacioretty should be gone and we need a legit 1 Centre

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So season done for Scerbak.....well that sucks.....but it's good in a way I guess......gotta think big picture

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Depends on what we decide to do with guys like Byron and Pacioretty. His real competition IMO is Lehkonen for a spot in the top six.

Top 6? Not sure if he's ready or good enough for that. Maybe he'd fit in nicely with a responsible center like Danault and Lekhonen on right wing... I'd take it as my third line. The kid shows flashes on brilliance but I'm not completely sold.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Screenshot_20180405-090702.png

"We would like Scherbak to have as much KARAKTER as Rychel "

Rychel is the new D-Lo already or what

Ffs....

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
View attachment 110319

"We would like Scherbak to have as much KARAKTER as Rychel "

Rychel is the new D-Lo already or what

Ffs....
What does that even mean :laugh: Scherbak didn't get down when he was scratched and demoted in the ahl. He just worked harder and harder to achieve his dream. If that's not character I don't know what is. Rychel slumps hard every time he is sent down and can get lazy shift to shift. Yeah he can fight and hit but where is the line

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
What does that even mean :laugh: Scherbak didn't get down when he was scratched and demoted in the ahl. He just worked harder and harder to achieve his dream. If that's not character I don't know what is. Rychel slumps hard every time he is sent down and can get lazy shift to shift. Yeah he can fight and hit but where is the line

The bolded seems a bit unfair. Rychel has been in the AHL the past two years - He hasn't been "sent down" since his last season with Columbus (2015-2016).

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I
like Rychel Though, tough as nails!!

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I'm hoping we trade Pacioretty and Byron... which would open up a spot for Scherbak.

As I see it, Scherbak is in our top 9 right now.

Pacioretty Danault Hudon
Scherbak Galchenyuk Lhekonen
Byron Drouin Gallagher

or

Pacioretty Danault Hudon
Scherbak Drouin Galchenyuk
Lehkonen Byron Hudon

The probelm is, Julien would rather use De la Rose or Logan Shaw as the 3rd line center, when neither are top 9 forwards. Galchenyuk really should have gotten another shot at center.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He’s missed a LOT of time in his pro career. I’d be really concerned with that before pencilling him in. The kid needs to prove he can play without getting hurt before replacing Byron.
If we have Hudon and Lehkonen on our 3rd line, then we have 2 guys who can move up the lineup in case of injuries.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Not nearly enough proven depth. I like both, but I’d still be a bit wary if the Habs were relying on them. They need to beat out Byron before trading him away

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He’s not a top 6 player. Gallagher. Galchenyuk Drouin and lehkonen should be our top 6 wingers
Pacioretty should be gone and we need a legit 1 Centre

I have Scherbak ahead of Lehkonen. Lehkonen can be a very good 3rd liner. Scherbak has more offense and must play with offensive players.

Galchenyuk or Drouin will most probably play center (Gaclchenyuk is an option when Bergevin is fired). As of now, we only have one top 9 center (Danualt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad