Nikita "Marschak" Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He does play a bit like Malkin haha. Malkin lite? His shot is so underrated, you add that to those playmaking skills and boom.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Still a little surprised he was available. I wouldn't trade him for many of the guys taken before him. Especially all the generic Canadian two way centers or undersized offensive wingers. Maybe that's just because I don't like anyone from this draft drafted after Ehlers.

I hear ya, although I am a big fan of Robby Fabbri and Travis Sanheim as well. Fabbri is also a great potential 1st round steal as far as I'm concerned.

Kensai Akatsume Ryu

Oct 19, 2008
Alma,Quebec
www.akatsume.com
Still a little surprised he was available. I wouldn't trade him for many of the guys taken before him. Especially all the generic Canadian two way centers or undersized offensive wingers. Maybe that's just because I don't like anyone from this draft drafted after Ehlers.

Ehlers would get me thinking, and some of the top 10 picks. But seriously, seeing him at this age with such a high IQ, speed and package... makes me really happy for the habs. Can you imagine him and Chucky together and reach their realistic upside? Dang that PP.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
10501607_766592993398047_5067199608393057674_n.jpg

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
He does play a bit like Malkin haha. Malkin lite? His shot is so underrated, you add that to those playmaking skills and boom.

Great stuff:handclap:

Style (puckhandling, passing, skating style,etc):
Malkin, Galchenyuk, M.Hossa, Kopitar...

Funny...Galchenyuk's style is also compared to some of the above mentioned! Great stuff!!

Scherbak might end up 6'2 or even 6'3!!! (looks tall out there...maybe 6'1 and 185lbs? and he can still grow a bit...he might end up 210-215lbs+...great stuff....we're just getting better and taller/bigger and bigger).

Can't wait till Scherbak is in out top 6!!:yo:

He has star 1st liner potential for sure...like Galchenyuk.

Loving the Scherbak pick so much!! (even though I wanted Josh Ho-Sang).

Prediction:
May play with our Habs...next season? (no matter how good he looks...I'm not into rushing prospects...I hate the wait but screwing up a young player's development by playing him too early is worst than waiting,etc,etc...)

So very excited for our 1st Rounders:
J.Tinordi (6'6-6'7...ouch/ayoye!!)
Galchenyuk
Scherbak

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
When is the last time we actually got something good in the first round draft. Galchenyuk? If I have to listen to two years of the same thing that happened with Galchenyuk... "He is just going to wake up one day and realize he is sidney Crosby".. I will throw up a little.

It's the 2nd and 5th rounders you get the good stuff.

In my opinion, we should have went with Ho-Sang. He is going to be electrifying in this league.

Josh Ho-Sang: to be honest....I was really really hoping our Habs would select Ho-Sang (huge exciting/entertainment value!, but could be a headache?? but not sure? rumors?). But/and...really really warming up to Scherbak's amazing potential (and especially love the lack of leaving-to-Russia threat VS being a Hab for a long long time...Sherbak has said that he loves the NHL so many times, so...why wasn't he chosen in top 10-15...?? I don't get it!? I didn't want him mostly for Russia factor...huge chance of bolting for Russia, but that's not the case anymore).

Recent 1st Rounders (I really liked):
<Galchenyuk (awesome pick!)
<J.Tinordi (absolutely love this pick:yo:, he makes us so much taller/bigger/grittier/meaner...no more schmurfs)
<Scherbak (wanted Ho-Sang, but really warming up to Scherbak)
<McCarron (3 yrs away...patience will do it...we really need his amazing size/height)
<Pacioretty (bargain contract/sniper)
<Price (5th overall...it's all about Subban and Price)
<PK Subban (not a 1st rounder, but still can't believe he wasn't 1st overall...should have been, imo! PK ''megastar'' Subban!).

p.s.:
Beaulieu...I really want to be wrong...but I still don't like Beaulieu's Defense 101...but I do like his smooth skating...I hope he can dominate on the PP and improve his defense 101. Am I the only one who sees him playing with the Leafs one day?

Last edited:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Josh Ho-Sang: to be honest....I was really really hoping our Habs would select Ho-Sang (huge exciting/entertainment value!, but could be a headache?? but not sure? rumors?). But/and...really really warming up to Scherbak's amazing potential (and especially love the lack of leaving-to-Russia threat VS being a Hab for a long long time...Sherbak has said that he loves the NHL so many times, so...why wasn't he chosen in top 10-15...?? I don't get it!? I didn't want him mostly for Russia factor...huge chance of bolting for Russia, but that's not the case anymore).

Recent 1st Rounders (I really liked):
<Galchenyuk (awesome pick!)
<J.Tinordi (absolutely love this pick:yo:, he makes us so much taller/bigger/grittier/meaner...no more schmurfs)
<Scherbak (wanted Ho-Sang, but really warming up to Scherbak)
<McCarron (3 yrs away...patience will do it...we really need his amazing size/height)
<Pacioretty (bargain contract/sniper)
<Price (5th overall...it's all about Subban and Price)
<PK Subban (not a 1st rounder, but still can't believe he wasn't 1st overall...should have been, imo! PK ''megastar'' Subban!).

p.s.:
Beaulieu...I really want to be wrong...but I still don't like Beaulieu's Defense 101...but I do like his smooth skating...I hope he can dominate on the PP and improve his defense 101. Am I the only one who sees him playing with the Leafs one day?

You put way too much stock into height. :laugh:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
p.s.:

I think you are completely wrong. He belongs with PK. They gave him a number = the decision is already taken that he made it, not sure how the medias can miss that. He will start with Weaver then quickly move up. At that point we will have 3 good / great pairs.

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Gilbert
Emelin - Tinordi / Weaver
Nygren

But next year is really the year where it will come together.

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Tinordi (Markov will make it work and it might happen this year already.)
Emelin - Gilbert
Nygren / Pateryn

(At that point I don't want to be the winger who has to meet either Subban or Tinordi, all night.)

They might have said to Nygren that he will be at least 7th - 8th. (No bulldogs for him.) I see him as the future partner for Emelin.

I would put a little $2 that we are drafting a balanced LD next year to prepare the after Markov, I think we have 5 years.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
I would put a little $2 that we are drafting a balanced LD next year to prepare the after Markov, I think we have 5 years.

Well... on the left you have Beaulieu, Tinordi and Emelin. On the right you have Subban, Pateryn and Nygren... I think we're fine on D honestly. At least, with the top 4.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Well... on the left you have Beaulieu, Tinordi and Emelin. On the right you have Subban, Pateryn and Nygren... I think we're fine on D honestly. At least, with the top 4.

Dah when will I ever stop thinking Tinordi is shooting R. :laugh:

Fact remains, after Beaulieu, there is not really a two way guy in the system. (Outside chance Nygren will put it together.)

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Scherbak is russian for "Son of Cleopatra" after all. It all makes sense now.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I love his speed and his ability to dangle at full speed. Still needs a year or two to bulk up and learn to play at both ends of the rink, but he has NHL written all over him.

One more year in junior. I can see him splitting 2015-2016 between Hamilton and Montreal before being a fulltime NHLer in 2016-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad