Prospect Info: Nico Daws (#84 pick - 2020 draft)

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The DEL is not a D league. It's worse than the NHL, KHL, SEL and AHL for sure, but it's unclear to me where it ranks after that - Finland, Switzerland, and the Czech league are all pretty close to it. It's clearly superior to the ECHL.

That said, he played 10 games. Anyone can have a poor 10 games, or have 1 or 2 bad games ruin their statline.

Stutzle, Reichel, and Peterka were all drafted out of the DEL last year, I could be wrong on this, but I believe it's seen as a league on the rise. I wouldn't worry about it too much. He could have also played behind a poor defense.
I'm more questioning why he played so few games and am having a hard time finding info on it.

Was hoping some of our prospect sleuths have insight.

Glad to see the DEL on the rise. Growing the game anywhere can't be a bad thing.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm more questioning why he played so few games and am having a hard time finding info on it.

Was hoping some of our prospect sleuths have insight.

Glad to see the DEL on the rise. Growing the game anywhere can't be a bad thing.

On the plus side, he had the opportunity to be on the ice all year - an opportunity other OHL players didn't have. Not sure whether there were injury/Covid issues that limited his number of games but Michael Garteig has been the starter for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad