Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Barkov > Tavares today, in my opinion as a huge Tavares fan.

Would you agree?
No, just, no...

Tavares carried his team like I think it will be obvious for everyone to see this season. Barkov is good, but not that good.

And what's this shit where tavares was gonna be Jesus on a skateboard when he was gonna sign with us, but now barkov is better? Wtf is happening??

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Tavares has averaged 34 goals and 76 points in his last four seasons. Is it truly inconceivable that Kotkaniemi could have a similar prime?

What would you consider to be his ceiling? 30 goals and 65 points?

All i know is I watched a lot of isles games, what he does for that team is more than just points. Is it inconceivable? No. Far fetched, yes. His ceiling? No clue. i don't put numbers on prospects, it's silly and it accomplishes nothing.

That's the last I'll say about Tavares/kotkaniemi.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
No, just, no...

Tavares carried his team like I think it will be obvious for everyone to see this season. Barkov is good, but not that good.

And what's this **** where tavares was gonna be Jesus on a skateboard when he was gonna sign with us, but now barkov is better? Wtf is happening??
I PRAYED all spring long for Johnny to sign with us, but 10 times out of 10 I'd take Barkov instead. I understand I may be in the minority but Sasha just does more on the ice, in my eyes. I think he would shut down Johnny T head-to-head.

Anyways, Kotka has a lot to prove to be mentioned anywhere near the same class as those 2.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Tavares has averaged 34 goals and 76 points in his last four seasons. Is it truly inconceivable that Kotkaniemi could have a similar prime?

Based on what he has shown so far, he's capable of 30 goals, but I've seen players come into their first pre season and never look as impressive as that again.

I'll wait longer until I start putting projections on the kid point wise, but I will say that he's got the tools to be one of the better first line centers in this league.

Potentially, I see the type of center you can win a cup with, and that's really exciting.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

On a horrible team with no supporting cast. Like, wtf are Okposo and Moulson doing now. They were riding his coattails. Tavares brings a lot more than just points and we're gonna see a huge jump in production this year.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I PRAYED all spring long for Johnny to sign with us, but 10 times out of 10 I'd take Barkov instead. I understand I may be in the minority but Sasha just does more on the ice, in my eyes. I think he would shut down Johnny T head-to-head.

Anyways, Kotka has a lot to prove to be mentioned anywhere near the same class as those 2.

At the very least its close between both. I have a preference for Barkov too, Ive seen him be uncontainable while also shutting down anyone. But, watching Marner and Tavares play together I wouldn't be surprised if JT got his first 100 point season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The sky is the limit with this kid. He did what he did Saturday night as a skinny just-turned-18 year old. And, the thing is he picked up so much so quickly, over the last 10 days or so. How much more is he going to pick up over the next 10 months? the next 10 years? What will he be when he's 28?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So who's closer to the NHL, Suzuki or Kotkaniemi?

Do they both get 9 games to start the season?

If Suzuki were closer, how come he doesn't have a dozen nicknames by now? :sarcasm:

I'm waiting for someone to call him "Zooks."

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

If Suzuki were closer, how come he doesn't have a dozen nicknames by now? :sarcasm:

Kotkaniemi. Although I don't think we got a solid view of Nature Boy(yeah, that's the nickname I chose) enough to be 100% convinced.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kotkaniemi. Although I don't think we got a solid view of Nature Boy(yeah, that's the nickname I chose) enough to be 100% convinced.

Nature Boy is pretty good. Props.

2il6t3.jpg

Wouldn't be HF if there weren't another dozen names, tho.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Kotka looks like he's pretty close but we only saw one game from zuks where he got better as it went on.

As for nicknames, just go to a Suzuki vehicles forum and you'll find a bunch. Zuks, Suzy, Sammy, Busa, Swifty, Gixxer. QuadZilla?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think a lot depends on what our forward group looks like and how Kotkaniemi and Suzuki can produce. Tavares scored 66 pts in 2016/2017 but 84 pts last season with Barzal on the other top 6 line. All offensive players need other offensive players in order to reach their ceiling. Heck, even Crosby would have a hard time on our current line-up

Reactions: DAChampion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Probably, though I can see him getting 9 depending on his play.

I depends on how they play all through the pre-season. At the moment, if they continue to adapt and learn on the fly, I can see both Kotkaniemi and Suzuki getting some NHL games. Not sure they get 9 but they will get some games. Look at how we handled Sergachev. I believe he got 3 games at the beginning of the season and sat a few in between.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Im still stuck choosing between Swift, Hustler or Mighty Boy.
Swift makes me think of two things...one pop singer or the other, the Suzuki Swift...neither sounds enticing as a nickname, to be honest ;)
Hustler...well, makes me think of a certain, uhh...mag...
And Mighty Boy...well...I just hope that doesn't stick either ;)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I think a lot depends on what our forward group looks like and how Kotkaniemi and Suzuki can produce. Tavares scored 66 pts in 2016/2017 but 84 pts last season with Barzal on the other top 6 line. All offensive players need other offensive players in order to reach their ceiling. Heck, even Crosby would have a hard time on our current line-up

I think that Crosby would get to 70 points if he played for Montreal's current lineup .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad