Cut/Released: Nick Foles (signed by KC)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think a 2nd would be a fair price. The Eagles really only need him for insurance as he's clearly not their guy of the future assuming Wentz is healthy, and his contract looks like it auto voids after this year anyway so he might walk for nothing. If you're acquiring him, are you acquiring the guy that sucked at the end of the regular season, was just a guy in the first playoff game, and struggled the few seasons prior; or the guy that lit it up when it mattered and in his first go-around as a starter?

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
If Wentz was a sure thing for opening night, I think he would have been traded by now.

I'm starting to think thats crazy Howie is going to give Foles an extension for starter money to be the back-up, and basically keep Wentz on a short leash as a way of rewarding Foles with the increased likelihood of more playing time.....that is, if the intention is to keep Foles.

Otherwise, the I see Foles traded the moment a starter goes down with a season-ender to start 2018.

If Tannehill looks like shit out of the gate, don't be surprised to see Miami pursue Foles. Stephen Ross has lost a lot of goodwill across SoFla with all the wacky shit that has gone on under his ownership. He may be desperate to make the Fins good and quickly.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Going from Tannehill to Foles is lateral?

And it looks like we're down to the Bills and Dolphins in the running.

Eagles won't have to trade him within the NFC.

McCarron to Buffalo? Hey hey!

One step closer to Foles in aqua and orange!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tannehill just restructured his contract so suffice to say the stupidity of a Foles trade will never need to be discussed now.

I'm not fond of Tannehill at this point but i'd much rather keep him than give up assets for a guy who had a hot streak. Either keep the status quo or tear it all down and go all in on one of the guys in the draft.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Tannehill just restructured his contract so suffice to say the stupidity of a Foles trade will never need to be discussed now.

I'm not fond of Tannehill at this point but i'd much rather keep him than give up assets for a guy who had a hot streak. Either keep the status quo or tear it all down and go all in on one of the guys in the draft.

Tear it all down? The Phins are already shit. How much more tearing down can be done?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How would trading assets for a guy like Foles make sense for a team you say needs to tear it down and rebuild? If they were to tear it down they would draft a QB this year and begin again rather then trade for a backup in Foles

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
if foles contract auto voids, phi would get a high comp pick when he leaves yes? I assume all offers for him start at 2nd round pick, since they can get a 3rd anyways if they keep him as insurance

Feb 24, 2017
I hope Philly gets sweet f*** all for him

He rode a hot streak to a super bowl with an amazing team

Nothing against him but rather against the eagles IF they are holding him for a big ransom and not letting him start elsewhere

That’s their right though technically

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad