Cut/Released: Nick Foles (signed by KC)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why wouldn't teams take chance on him?

He is only 27 with a good amount of experience starting and his stats say he can be quality #1

2012 = 161-265 (60.8%) for 1,699 yds with 19 TD's and 5 INT
2013 = 203-317 (64.0%) for 2,891 yds with 27 TD's and 2 INT
2014 = 186-311 (59.8%) for 2,163 yds with 20 TD's and 10 INT
2015 = 190-337 (56.4%) for 2,052 yds with 7 TD and 10 INT

Last year he was bad ,, No doubt but one bad season shouldn't prevent him from getting a chance as #1 again in future

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Why wouldn't teams take chance on him?
2013 = 203-317 (64.0%) for 2,891 yds with 27 TD's and 2 INT
..one bad season shouldn't prevent him from getting a chance as #1 again in future

WinCup,
Good post.. The 27 TD- 2 INT season was one of the best I've ever seen from a young QB. I think it demonstrated how high Foles' ceiling can be. Those kind of stats are not a fluke at the professional level. They require highest level talent, being utilized properly. He also had a game where he threw a surreal 7 TDs.
Things didn't work for Foles in StL, but I believe he can still sling. And if you look at Hall of Famers like Steve Young, they also had some rough years in bad places early in their careers (a season in Tampa, Young only threw 8 TDs, & 13 picks).. I wouldn't give up on Foles' potential yet.. It's lame how quickly QBs are dismissed by both teams & fans now.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Lol.....Rams gonna be the Rams

But seriously, I think he's still potential. No QB will do well there (weird not saying "here" as in the STL...still kind of bitter) as long as Fisher is there.

I hope someone gives him a shot and he tears the league up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't realize he asked to be released. Not sure what landing spot is there for him even as #2, but someone will sign him. I'm guessing that he thought he was going to get cut and wanted to get in somewhere before camp starts. Maybe the Bills?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'd take him as the back-up in Pittsburgh over the decomposing corpse of Bruce Gradkowski...but that's not saying much.

Agreed, he would be an upgrade.

Though Landry Jones will probably beat out Gradkowski for the backup gig anyway.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
WinCup,
Good post.. The 27 TD- 2 INT season was one of the best I've ever seen from a young QB. I think it demonstrated how high Foles' ceiling can be. Those kind of stats are not a fluke at the professional level. They require highest level talent, being utilized properly. He also had a game where he threw a surreal 7 TDs.
Things didn't work for Foles in StL, but I believe he can still sling. And if you look at Hall of Famers like Steve Young, they also had some rough years in bad places early in their careers (a season in Tampa, Young only threw 8 TDs, & 13 picks).. I wouldn't give up on Foles' potential yet.. It's lame how quickly QBs are dismissed by both teams & fans now.

that 27-2 is one of the most insane recent statistics but that might speak more about chip kelly than nick foles.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Why do I keep hearing about the Vikings being interested? I'm fine with Shaun Hill being the backup for another year and then letting Taylor Heinicke take the reigns in 2017 (even though that dumb ass stunted his development by severing a tendon in his ankle trying to kick a door down) or just signing veteran backup X.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
But Kelly was just the architect, Foles helped build the result. He was the one throwing those passes.

Amen..
And I do believe Kelly's system was good for Foles.. but it surprises me how fans (around the internet) have diminished & dismissed Foles' 27 Td-2 INT season.
If a QB has a 30 TD-10 pick season, that's pretty good, he's gonna get some love.. basically a 3:1 ratio. Terry Bradshaw's a Hall of Famer, and his ratio was 1:1.. Foles goes better than 13:1, and ppl explain it every way other than Foles' talent..:dunno:

Even factoring in Foles' other seasons, he still riding at a 2:1 TD to pick ratio, still not bad.. and completes over 60% of his career passes.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Amen..
And I do believe Kelly's system was good for Foles.. but it surprises me how fans (around the internet) have diminished & dismissed Foles' 27 Td-2 INT season.
If a QB has a 30 TD-10 pick season, that's pretty good, he's gonna get some love.. basically a 3:1 ratio. Terry Bradshaw's a Hall of Famer, and his ratio was 1:1.. Foles goes better than 13:1, and ppl explain it every way other than Foles' talent..:dunno:

Even factoring in Foles' other seasons, he still riding at a 2:1 TD to pick ratio, still not bad.. and completes over 60% of his career passes.

it surprises me as well. 27-2 is nothing to scoff at, even if it is nick foles

someone will sign him. he's still got a chance to fulfill his potential

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

You can not compare the TD:INT ratio of guys from the 70s to the guys today, Foles plays in a far different league than Bradshaw did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad