Player Discussion: Nic Petan Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Suppose the Leafs waive him to the Marlies before the season. Can we still make a claim for him?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I loved Petan. I thought he was going to be Perreault 2.0 and that his fiery demeanor would endear him to the coaching staff. But either they couldn't get past his overly-creative play, or something else. Honestly, I think being a great passer is a negative to some coaches--"just do what we told you to do, dammit!!".

In any case, it would've been nice to see how things may have changed if he was able to spend his draft+2 season in the AHL, as opposed to skating circles around the WHL.

It just sucks for him that second shot in the NHL is with Babcock as his coach

Yeah, talk about out of the frying pan, into the fire...

Suppose the Leafs waive him to the Marlies before the season. Can we still make a claim for him?

Considering all the talk about 'giving him a chance' etc., I'm not sure they would.

(They said the same about Daňo, on the other hand...)

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Would be nice, Dano-style ;)

Not really, because Daňo was lost on waivers, so upon return it was as though he'd cleared. Petan would need to clear waivers if the Jets wanted to assign him, at which time the Leafs could reclaim and assign him to the Marlies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Was a fan for a long time and was really pulling for Chevy to draft him. Hope he has a good long pro career.

Reactions: GNP

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Not really, because Daňo was lost on waivers, so upon return it was as though he'd cleared. Petan would need to clear waivers if the Jets wanted to assign him, at which time the Leafs could reclaim and assign him to the Marlies.

Rosters are big now so we could keep him with the team (not that this is happening though).

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Yes!!! Way to go Nic!! We hate the Leafs but we love you!!! Keep it up!!

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Wasn't Gauthier a teammate on the Canada Junior team that won gold? This could be a great line combination for him. Definitely not just stiffs on that line. Toronto doesn't need everybody to be tall and strong either. It will be interesting to watch the continued development.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
As I've stated in previous posts -- the Jet's will regret giving away Petan --he has great hands, and is a great playmaker. He has a very good shot as well.

In his first game with the Leafs, he already has a goal- "big mistake by the Jets" - IMO.

All the best to Nic--was not given the chance with good players in Winnipeg-too bad !!

Have to wonder ? - how a smart guy like Chevy would allow Maurice to not use Petan properly ? I think there was a personality conflict between Maurice and Petan.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
:puppy: I miss him already

This is awesome.
If Nic goes on to prove Maurice wrong I will be very happy. Small guys often just take longer to fugure out how to thrive.
I’m not happy that we gave up on him and wish him all the best.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Wasn't Gauthier a teammate on the Canada Junior team that won gold? This could be a great line combination for him. Definitely not just stiffs on that line. Toronto doesn't need everybody to be tall and strong either. It will be interesting to watch the continued development.

As a follower of the Leafs from afar after the Jets, Gauthier is very much a stiff.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
This is awesome.
If Nic goes on to prove Maurice wrong I will be very happy. Small guys often just take longer to fugure out how to thrive.
I’m not happy that we gave up on him and wish him all the best.

The Jet's will strongly regret giving Petan away for nothing !!!

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad