Player Discussion: Nic Petan Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'll post in there just to quieten the crickets. Good luck in the future Nic, I never had anything against you personally. But you will not be Kris Draper 2.0, no matter how much people wish it (but I will eat crow if I am wrong)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Good luck dude. Wish you the best. It’s been a rough year for ya and hope everything works out. Been tough on the ice but even tougher off. Was a pleasure.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I still think that Petan has great hands, and a talented playmaker, that never got a real chance with the Jets. I think the Jets will regret letting Nikky go.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
My favourite Nic Petan moment was when they showed him during a Winnipeg Jets broadcast on TSN and he was in the press box checking his iPhone and eating popcorn. He looked slick.

Reactions: Jet

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I love Nic Petan and his beautiful and sometimes completly unnecessary sauce he put on all his passes

Sad to see him go. I think he'll have a Kyle Wellwood career and bounce around some bad teams for a few years

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not much to thank him for or appreciate. Not his fault. I wish he had gone to a team more likely to need his talents than TO but regardless, I hope he is given a good opportunity somewhere before he goes to Europe.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Good luck kid, hope this kick starts something for you.

Sadly though, now that you're a Leaf, I hate you.

Nothing personal.

Reactions: Evil Little and GNP

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I still think that Petan has great hands, and a talented playmaker, that never got a real chance with the Jets. I think the Jets will regret letting Nikky go.
And to Toronto of all places :(

I had hoped trader Chayka was going to pick him up. Thought he would be a good fit for Edmonton or the Canucks, too.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
And to Toronto of all places :(

I had hoped trader Chayka was going to pick him up. Thought he would be a good fit for Edmonton or the Canucks, too.

I think your right Ducky -- Petan would have a better go of it in Edmonton, or Vancouver, where they need scoring depth. I don't see him getting much ice time in Toronto ??

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hope he works out in Toronto, I wish we had kept him but it was probably best for him to leave.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
He will for sure have many good earning years in Europe if he doesn't find success in the NHL. I was really hoping he would become our cheaper version of Perreault by next season.

Reactions: Heldig

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It just sucks for him that second shot in the NHL is with Babcock as his coach, Babcock is Maurice like in his 4th line philosophy esp with that team being on the smaller side already. So I doubt he gets a better shot in Toronto and then people will say "2 coaches gave up on him". A fair shot would have been with a team like Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Dallas heck even Anaheim or Florida.

Would love to see Nic prove his detractors wrong, he has had a tough year in both his personal and professional life and deserves good things to happen to him.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Was hoping you'd go to a team with less offense, but if it really was just Maurice in the way then you'll be a regular! Best of luck.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
He had a tough ride here and don't see it getting any better in TO. He is well rested for the stretch run if Babcock gives him a chance.

Good luck in hogtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad