Kings News: Nic Dowd recalled from Ontario.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 8m8 minutes ago
Nic Dowd recalled from Ontario. This move had been considered several days ago; with Versteeg's injury, need for depth becomes pronounced.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Forbort, Mersch, Gravel, and now Dowd recalled from Ontario. Gotta think this move from Manchester to Ontario has been really beneficial for the prospects. Congrats to Nic Dowd. :clap: :welcome: to the Kings.

So how many Alabama boys have played in an NHL game?

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Or Carter can be moved to the right of Kopi if scoring is needed, Shore moves up to 3C, and Dowd is 4C. Dowd can be tried on the 4th line wing as well. There was an interview recently with a member of the development staff who said they had wanted Dowd to get a call-up this season to get a taste but it hadn't worked out. Guess it worked out now.

I think Dowd has to go through waivers next season.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Or Carter can be moved to the right of Kopi if scoring is needed, Shore moves up to 3C, and Dowd is 4C. Dowd can be tried on the 4th line wing as well. There was an interview recently with a member of the development staff who said they had wanted Dowd to get a call-up this season to get a taste but it hadn't worked out. Guess it worked out now.

I think Dowd has to go through waivers next season.

Why you hate Vinny?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did not see that coming, particularly with comments from earlier this year re: not wanting to fly people across the country. That worries me about Versteeg's availability though it is nice to get Dowd a cup of coffee when we've already clinched

No way Andreoff is not cutting it?!

Rofl!

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Did not see that coming, particularly with comments from earlier this year re: not wanting to fly people across the country. That worries me about Versteeg's availability though it is nice to get Dowd a cup of coffee when we've already clinched

Rofl!

I wouldn't worry about Versteeg. Haven't heard anything about a foot boot and he's still listed as day-to-day per Rosen. It's likely just very swollen and bruised.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I wouldn't worry about Versteeg. Haven't heard anything about a foot boot and he's still listed as day-to-day per Rosen. It's likely just very swollen and bruised.

+1. plus it makes sense if dowd was planned a while ago. some extra depth, some extra possibilities, will see how it works out.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
And from a pure scouting standpoint

Smart centerman. Great on faceoffs. Pass first player. Excellent vision, has come a long way in his puck possession game. Skilled and creative on the puck if given the time and space. Good skater, really good in his own end. Probably could add muscle but I think Sheng asked him about that and he said he prefers being a bit on the trim side for mobility purposes. Doesn't seem to hurt him.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
And from a pure scouting standpoint

Smart centerman. Great on faceoffs. Pass first player. Excellent vision, has come a long way in his puck possession game. Skilled and creative on the puck if given the time and space. Good skater, really good in his own end. Probably could add muscle but I think Sheng asked him about that and he said he prefers being a bit on the trim side for mobility purposes. Doesn't seem to hurt him.

a lot of the characteristics you mention are key in a sutter system (i.e. good in own end and puck possession)

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Talent Analysis (via Hockeys Future)

Dowd plays a high-energy style of game, often times getting into opponents' faces and has some offensive ability. In his first season of pro hockey following a four-year college career at St. Cloud State, he is more of a playmaker than a true scorer. ON aspect of his game that makes him popular with scouts and teammates is his willingness to go into the hard areas to create scoring chances or gain possession of the puck.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Dowd is going to spark this team even more . Plays with immense intensity and leaves it all on the ice. Love it. I dont think this is about Versteeg , more about the bottom 6 specially the 4th line is just not cutting it. Clifford is a dud , Andreoff is neither good nor bad he is just useless. And they dont seem to like Shore much like they used too.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Dowd is going to spark this team even more . Plays with immense intensity and leaves it all on the ice. Love it. I dont think this is about Versteeg , more about the bottom 6 specially the 4th line is just not cutting it. Clifford is a dud , Andreoff is neither good nor bad he is just useless. And they dont seem to like Shore much like they used too.

I actually wonder if it is more about the struggles of Jeff Carter than the bottom 6.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
straight question: is carter hurt or not? we're speculating this since december.

The only injury Carter is suffering is playing with Brown and Clifford. Reunite the 70s line and see how many goals he scores again. Or the Lucic-Carter-Toffolli line. With that said, I know that Sutter is just mixing things up to see how he can play around with the lines during the playoffs. I don't expect these current line arrangements to stay the same come April.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
straight question: is carter hurt or not? we're speculating this since december.

He LOOKS fine more often than not now. Doubt he'll be completely healthy until the offseason but he's at least carrying his weight again instead of just being a fast decoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad