Nhl.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This is my first year without cable so I cannot get any games, have to get my hockey fix through highlights on nhl app. Not having any luck with finding ways to stream or understanding the methods through this thread. Also Nhl tv won't work for me since I am considered "Pittsburgh Market"

I wondered if a jail broken firestick could work?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This is my first year without cable so I cannot get any games, have to get my hockey fix through highlights on nhl app. Not having any luck with finding ways to stream or understanding the methods through this thread. Also Nhl tv won't work for me since I am considered "Pittsburgh Market"

I wondered if a jail broken firestick could work?
I don't encourage you to sign up for NHL.TV in general but I think what people in Pittsburgh do to avoid the local market detection, is use a VPN so that the NHL dosn't know where you're viewing from. At least on that level I say more power to all of them for circumventing a BS blackout all season. I am an out of town fan so my problem with blackouts starts and ends with season long NBCSN and NHL Network BS and especially the playoff blackouts, which goes beyond bad form and borders on unethical.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don't encourage you to sign up for NHL.TV in general but I think what people in Pittsburgh do to avoid the local market detection, is use a VPN so that the NHL dosn't know where you're viewing from. At least on that level I say more power to all of them for circumventing a BS blackout all season. I am an out of town fan so my problem with blackouts starts and ends with season long NBCSN and NHL Network BS and especially the playoff blackouts, which goes beyond bad form and borders on unethical.

Quick update. I figured out reddit on my computer, im not in the dark anymore :).

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I'm sure somebody already complain about this, but I paid for NHL.tv, and the games they broadcast on NHL Network are blackout online. it's like you have to pay the league two times in order to watch these games. one time for the online and second time on tv. ridiculous.

Reactions: Darth Vitale

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm sure somebody already complain about this, but I paid for NHL.tv, and the games they broadcast on NHL Network are blackout online. it's like you have to pay the league two times in order to watch these games. one time for the online and second time on tv. ridiculous.
Not only have some of us complained about it, some of us cancelled our subscription because of it and the NHL's perennial unwillingness to improve the situation. Because they're gutless turds.

asdfasdflk-youre-a-gutless-turd.jpg

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
I actually live outside the pittsburgh market, so I would get most of the games, but when I had Gamecenter before, they were blacked out when they were even on the NHL Network.. I don't have cable, so that was a problem for me.. I am just wondering how many games would be blacked out!

and then the playoffs is a whole separate thing right? None of the playoff games would be on NHL.TV correct?

playoff games are on the NBC family of channels. You might be able to access them on the streaming app. I'm still deciding between NHL TV & Center Ice.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
playoff games are on the NBC family of channels. You might be able to access them on the streaming app. I'm still deciding between NHL TV & Center Ice.
People are quoting me from over a year ago.. ha, but I can't get the NBC Streaming app if I don't have a cable log-in for it.

This year I am just going the way of illegal streams. NHL.tv kind of forced my hand in that regard. f***'em

Reactions: Darth Vitale

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This year I am just going the way of illegal streams. NHL.tv kind of forced my hand in that regard. ****'em

I'm in the same boat..however after I canceled cable I really thought I was (depressed and thought) going to be in the dark this year. I've watched the last 4 Pens games on my computer. I couldn't be more happy.

I dream of a day where nhl tv is void of blackouts and they could offer a package that included nhl network, the NBC networks and broadcast your local NBC when a game is on. I would gladly pay for their service then.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I'm in the same boat..however after I canceled cable I really thought I was (depressed and thought) going to be in the dark this year. I've watched the last 4 Pens games on my computer. I couldn't be more happy.

I dream of a day where nhl tv is void of blackouts and they could offer a package that included nhl network, the NBC networks and broadcast your local NBC when a game is on. I would gladly pay for their service then.

AND the playoffs!
It's ridiculous how expensive the package is and it doesn't include those channels or playoffs.

Slick Arnold

Sponsor
Oct 4, 2005
Not only have some of us complained about it, some of us cancelled our subscription because of it and the NHL's perennial unwillingness to improve the situation. Because they're gutless turds.

asdfasdflk-youre-a-gutless-turd.jpg

As much as I understand the frustration, how is the league supposed to replace the guaranteed $2 Billion they are receiving from NBC or the Pens $300 Million they are receiving from ATTSN? The rights holders pay a lot for exclusivity and until the revenue is guaranteed from piecemeal subscriptions it's not going to change.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
As much as I understand the frustration, how is the league supposed to replace the guaranteed $2 Billion they are receiving from NBC or the Pens $300 Million they are receiving from ATTSN? The rights holders pay a lot for exclusivity and until the revenue is guaranteed from piecemeal subscriptions it's not going to change.

Other sports leagues seem to do it well from what I understand. And to be clear, I would pay a little more to have a blackout free option.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I have a very hard time paying a package when the NHL still forces me to watch commercials. Dump the ads and I'll gladly pay a subscription fee.
I haven't seen any commercials on NHLTV so far this season. Just that splash-screen with commerical in progress or intermission in progress. I actually kind of miss the "Jay's Telestration" stuff during the intermissions.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
I haven't seen any commercials on NHLTV so far this season. Just that splash-screen with commerical in progress or intermission in progress. I actually kind of miss the "Jay's Telestration" stuff during the intermissions.

That's the one thing I miss about having NHL Center Ice. They would always show the commercials. It stinks that Comcast does not offer all games in HD.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
It is 2017, if you can't find 100 free game streams online for every sporting event then I don't know what else to say.
For me it's not about being able to find the streams. The one thing I liked about having nhl.tv was the ability to start the game from the beginning if I couldn't catch the start, or to watch the game the next day if for some reason I had to miss it.

Where can I do that online? Honestly asking, is there a place I can do that?

I wish HockeyStreams was still a thing :(

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
For me it's not about being able to find the streams. The one thing I liked about having nhl.tv was the ability to start the game from the beginning if I couldn't catch the start, or to watch the game the next day if for some reason I had to miss it.

Where can I do that online? Honestly asking, is there a place I can do that?

I wish HockeyStreams was still a thing :(
Send me a PM, I can hook you up if you want.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

How about NBC offer a playoff streaming package in conjunction with the NHL? I'd pay the money to watch it. I don't want to have to have a cable package just to watch one channel.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It is 2017, if you can't find 100 free game streams online for every sporting event then I don't know what else to say.

The quality of the streams are really spotty and inconsistent. Plus, some of us would actually like to pay for quality service and not be "forced" to go the free streaming route.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It seems the OP's question has been answered and this thread has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad