NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcardboard

Oct 29, 2011
Edmonton
I use Gamecentre Live (Canada's NHL.tv), and it's buttery smooth on my phone, tablet and Xbox. However I noticed it's complete garbage through a browser on a laptop or desktop PC. I've tried Chrome, IE and Edge and the video quality is fine but it's very choppy/stuttery. Any ideas why? I love Gamecentre because it's the exact same quality as TV on all of my devices, for the longest time if you ever streamed anything on the internet you could never get that smoothness that only broadcast television could give you, but on a computer it sucks!!

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
on PC, it's not buttery smooth, but normally, it's not choppy or stuttering either

i just sucked it up and started using kodi for buttery smooth on PC

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Quick question guys, i was having an active nhl tv subscription all season long which was billed monthly. Since the play-offs started, though, i cant watch any more games because i apparently dont have an active subscription anymore. I did not cancel it, am i therefore right to assume that my subscription ended after the regular season and i would have to get a seperate package for the play-offs?

Realize

Quick question guys, i was having an active nhl tv subscription all season long which was billed monthly. Since the play-offs started, though, i cant watch any more games because i apparently dont have an active subscription anymore. I did not cancel it, am i therefore right to assume that my subscription ended after the regular season and i would have to get a seperate package for the play-offs?

This seems to be "standard" since last year.

I was able to watch the first 2 games from NYR - MTL with my normal subscription ..
Started the App yesterday morning to watch the game afterwards and NHL.TV App on PS4 said I am not valid to watch.

Logged into my account and had to buy playoff package for USD 29.99.
No idea why those **** are going to make things so complicated all time.

So, to your question: Yes you have to get a seperate package, your monthly subscription should be "done" for this season already.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010

I was able to watch the first 2 games from NYR - MTL with my normal subscription ..
Started the App yesterday morning to watch the game afterwards and NHL.TV App on PS4 said I am not valid to watch.

So, to your question: Yes you have to get a seperate package, your monthly subscription should be "done" for this season already.

Thanks for confirmation!

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
During the regular season the picture quality was perfect, ever since the playoffs started more often than not it's been garbage. i don't get it.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Has anyone's gamecentre just dropped? Watching the game and then it froze, and then subsequent attempts to restart the app now show up with an "error has occured."

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Getting NHL.TV instead of CenterIce this season was the best decision I've made in a long time. I love NHL.TV. Significantly better than CenterIce IMO, especially considering Comcast in Philly area didn't carry CenterIce games in HD. Like, are you kidding? I've complained to them for YEARS then finally switched. Happy I did.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Having a weird issue atm. When I'm streaming a game using NHL tv in Chrome the stream runs fine, but nothing else using the Internet on my PC loads. I can't load another tab or connect to steam for example. Any ideas?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Possibly playoff rights holder blackouts.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

Is there a difference if you pay for the whole season up front even though the price is the same over the course of the season?

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
What happened tonight? SCF Game-1 ended at 11:00pm but it wasn't ready for replay until 12:30am ... usually it doesn't take one and half hour after the game is over to be ready for replay.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
With the alternative ways to watch games nowadays and the betterment of those, I am definitely thinking of not renewing my GCL next year. Would save a lot of money.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I had great experience with GCL this year, especially in the playoffs.

Wishlist would be 60fps on browser, and 4k

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
I hope someone has experience with NHL.tv who could answer this question. I might be abroad (outside the US) for a while and back in Europe. Would me and my wife (who will be in the US) be able to share one account to watch games live and/or rewatch? If we couldn't watch at the same time, that'd be fine too, due to the time difference, but would one of us be blocked without a VPN?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I hope someone has experience with NHL.tv who could answer this question. I might be abroad (outside the US) for a while and back in Europe. Would me and my wife (who will be in the US) be able to share one account to watch games live and/or rewatch? If we couldn't watch at the same time, that'd be fine too, due to the time difference, but would one of us be blocked without a VPN?

This is a good question. Sorry to say I can't give you a definite answer, but I wouldn't think it matters. IIRC, I signed into my account to watch some games at my parents' home while I was visiting from overseas. I think my dad was able to watch games in the States and I could watch from abroad. I have no idea about the exact timing aspect you're asking about though.

It very possibly could matter. I would contact them directly with this question. I'm less than happy with the way they do things and for the league's main streaming service it all feels a little scheisty IMO.

rivermanfan

Oct 19, 2015
nhl.tv on xbox one

I have streamed NHL.TV on my Xbox One for the last couple of seasons. For the most part I have been happy, as the team I follow is out of market. Stream quality could be better, but at least I get to see my team.

The problem is when I want to watch a game live, but join in progress, I can't watch from the beginning. I lets me go to the start of the game, but just gives me the "Game will begin shortly" screen. If I start the stream on time, I can walk away for an hour or so and go back to the beginning and watch. This is good for skipping comercial breaks.

I just wanted to see if anyone is having this problem and if you have any possible solutions.

Thanks!

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
When you see the screen, have you tried to fast forward? Done this on PS4 when I had to work next day (skipping intermissions and commercial breaks saves me an hour of sleep).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad