NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Does anyone have a tip on how to hide scores or avoid seeing them?

I will be watching replays of playoffs the next day and don't want to see any score. It was possible last year but in the beginning of this season it wasn't possible, the scores was right there in my face.

Otherwise I just threw away money...

Thanks!
I usually watch the games the following evening, and by using Kodi with the NHL.tv app I don't have any spoiler problem.

Car2014

Dec 5, 2014
Germany
You could always use one of the Kodi add-ons, the picture quality is better than through the browser anyway.

Edit: I didn't see Giskard's reply, but there's another Kodi add-on that should still work as well.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I paid $25 for nhl tv to watch the playoff games last year. As I was an American resident, I was only able to watch the full game 2 DAYS after the game had already happened. Anyone know if this year it is the same deal. I don't have cable so nbcsn is a no go and the blackouts to customers who are paying $25 to watch these games is absolutely ridiculous. Usually I can get a good stream but I would prefer watching the games in higher quality.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
I usually watch the games the following evening, and by using Kodi with the NHL.tv app I don't have any spoiler problem.

Never heard of it, but have downloaded and it could be what I'm looking for if the features works as advertised.

Thanks!

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
This might sound like a stupid question, but do regional blackouts apply in the Playoffs?

This is my first season using GameCenter, but as it turns out I'm in a blacked out region for the playoffs.

On the GameCenter site it mentions something about no blackouts, but doesn't get more specific than that.

maplehawk

HFB Partner
what are my options if i can't watch playoffs live but also don't want to wait 48 hours...

like i want to watch a replay of the game when i get home from work at night. anything?

what an absolute scam to charge $25 for nhl.tv to get archived games 2 full days after they're played...like seriously..?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Does anyone have a tip on how to hide scores or avoid seeing them?

I will be watching replays of playoffs the next day and don't want to see any score. It was possible last year but in the beginning of this season it wasn't possible, the scores was right there in my face.

Otherwise I just threw away money...

Thanks!

There's a setting somewhere that allows you to turn off scores. Once it's set, you won't see any scores of any games when you login. No need for special software.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Thank god for streams. Trying to watch Pens and Jackets on the USA website is a joke. It'd be nice if they were gonna have games all blacked out on GC for me, they could at least use a network that has a real streaming player instead of what looks like an old Quicktime web player, lol.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
Features:
United States: watch full game archives from the 2017 Stanley Cup® Playoffs and the entire 2016-17 regular season

International: watch select out-of-market games LIVE and on-demand replays of the Stanley Cup® Playoffs and archives of the entire 2016-17 regular season

Blackout and other restrictions may apply. For full blackout information throughout the Stanley Cup® Playoffs click here.

I'm stuck with the 1st option, unless I've got business outside of the country.....
In the states, it is a 2 day archive wait.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I did not know about the ridiculous blackouts.

**** the NHL. Seriously. ugh.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I did not know about the ridiculous blackouts.

**** the NHL. Seriously. ugh.

I would happily pay double a full season pass to get no black-outs/local ads (because that is really what the telecoms care about, not those silly connection fees [they get mere pennies]), and playoffs with no black-outs.

CcTitan84

Mar 15, 2017
The quality of the streams tonight on the PS4 was horrendous. Worse than usual. Looked I was watching Mindcraft hockey for periods of time during both the Habs and Oilers games.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I watched some games on Roku and Xbox One last night and the quality was excellent for me. It was the BOS@OTT game (SN feed), CLB@PIT game (NBCSN feed) and the STL@MIN game (National feed). All were high quality with no stuttering.

In Canada no games blacked out on Gamecentre Live for the playoffs, which creates a great option for dual screen watching!

Last edited:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Bruins fan here in British Columbia and thinking of getting game Centre for the playoffs. A question for Canadian subscribers; is the Ottawa Boston series blacked out so it can only be watched on Sportsnet or can I get the NESN feed?

I have Centre ice however it is only showing the Sportsnet feed

Thx!

Last edited:

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
This might sound like a stupid question, but do regional blackouts apply in the Playoffs?

This is my first season using GameCenter, but as it turns out I'm in a blacked out region for the playoffs.

On the GameCenter site it mentions something about no blackouts, but doesn't get more specific than that.
In the united states everything is blacked out on nhl tv due to the fact every game is nationally televised. You can stream the games, however you need a cable subs and have to watch it on the network stream

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
I paid $25 for nhl tv to watch the playoff games last year. As I was an American resident, I was only able to watch the full game 2 DAYS after the game had already happened. Anyone know if this year it is the same deal. I don't have cable so nbcsn is a no go and the blackouts to customers who are paying $25 to watch these games is absolutely ridiculous. Usually I can get a good stream but I would prefer watching the games in higher quality.
Same deal , no games televised on nhl tv in the usa, if you don't have cable you are out of luck.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
In the united states everything is blacked out on nhl tv due to the fact every game is nationally televised. You can stream the games, however you need a cable subs and have to watch it on the network stream

Yeah I should have specified, I'm in Canada. But I was able to watch game 1 of the playoffs on GCL, when the game would otherwise be blacked out in the regular season. So it all works out in the end.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Which is stupid because not all cable providers have every channel and not everyone has access to any and all cable providers.

Cable companies are the worst. Let me watch my hockey and not have to pay these ridiculous prices to do so.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
People are tired of paying for boatloads of what they don't want. That's why we are where we are today. As long as we continue to have free markets, equilibrium will eventually be reached. People will gladly pay for what they want to watch and companies will make money providing what people want. Unfortunately, we are not there yet.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
This year has been pretty bad for NHL.TV imo.

PS4 version is completely broke and the quality dips to the lowest despite running in HD on my PC/Xbox.

While HD on PC and I cast it to my TV.. it looks wonderful but the sound is ahead of the picture by 8 seconds (at least last night, that's a long time)

Xbox is the only one i have 0 issues with right now, but I'd rather just stream on PC.

I hope they get it together next year, thankfully Rogers provides it right now so i dont need to pay a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad