NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For the people who were asking about the full screen hotkey:

I don't know what the hotkey is, but to solve that problem, you need to make your screen smaller - Control plus the minus sign (I think). That's what I had to do, as I had the same problem. When you shrink the screen just a bit, it stops that hiccup where when you scroll down and it skips over the full screen thing.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Anyone know a PS4 fix?

the degration issue despite being able to run multiple HD streams has become tiresome.

it's been months.

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
Is there a legal way to watch playoff games online? I have an NHL.TV subscription and live overseas so usually can watch all the games without a problem. But I will be in Chicago for a week in April during the first round. I'll be staying at a rental property and not sure what the cable TV situation is there. Are there any options available?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Is there a legal way to watch playoff games online? I have an NHL.TV subscription and live overseas so usually can watch all the games without a problem. But I will be in Chicago for a week in April during the first round. I'll be staying at a rental property and not sure what the cable TV situation is there. Are there any options available?

Sling TV or Playstation Vue could work.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
For the people who were asking about the full screen hotkey:

I don't know what the hotkey is, but to solve that problem, you need to make your screen smaller - Control plus the minus sign (I think). That's what I had to do, as I had the same problem. When you shrink the screen just a bit, it stops that hiccup where when you scroll down and it skips over the full screen thing.

Thanks Captain!

Reactions: TheStroker

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Not sure if anyone else has this problem but when I am watching on my phone or tablet the feed always freezes when the game goes to a commercial. :help:

cdogg30

Oct 27, 2013
Does anyone happen to know why Gamecentre Live wont stay paused for longer than a couple minutes? I am watching on an ipad if that makes a difference.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Does NHL.tv have a playoff package for us that are in Europe? I just moved to France and I see NHL.com advertising a package for $3.99 to "watch through the Stanley Cup Playoffs". Seems too good to be true but seems legit? Could the HF resident Europeans chime in?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Does NHL.tv have a playoff package for us that are in Europe? I just moved to France and I see NHL.com advertising a package for $3.99 to "watch through the Stanley Cup Playoffs". Seems too good to be true but seems legit? Could the HF resident Europeans chime in?

Since the $3,99 price is on the offical site that is legit(https://subscribe.nhl.com/international). NHLTV will show every playoff game without blackouts in Europe(that have NHLTV).

Just remember to cancel it, unless you want to pay a full price for next season in September.

Skill Bill

Feb 16, 2013
After Olympic participation announcement I filled a form to cancel my annual NHLtv subscription on NHL's website and received an e-mail phishing for my credit card details. URL for the form I filled was https://www.nhl.com/info/contact-us and my browser indicated I was under secure connection.

Has anyone else dealt with anything similar? I'm very suspicious.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
After Olympic participation announcement I filled a form to cancel my annual NHLtv subscription on NHL's website and received an e-mail phishing for my credit card details. URL for the form I filled was https://www.nhl.com/info/contact-us and my browser indicated I was under secure connection.

Has anyone else dealt with anything similar? I'm very suspicious.

They shouldn't sent you any emails like that.

Go to https://subscribe.nhl.com/ and click on My Account. There should be a direct link to cancel your subscription.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I believe if you are already a subscriber you will have access. The ad you saw is possibly for those who don't already subscribe to try and entice them into watching the playoffs.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I've got to think the NHL is going to have to reevaluate it's NHL.TV option. Cord cutters now number in the millions, including me, but still want to watch hockey. I know the NHL wants to protect it's TV partners by blacking out games shown on various networks, but I would pay more if those blackouts were lifted and the playoffs were included in NHL.TV package.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
I believe if you are already a subscriber you will have access. The ad you saw is possibly for those who don't already subscribe to try and entice them into watching the playoffs.

Thanks, I wasn't previously a subscriber in the states but with that price I absolutely will become one for the rest of this season, even if most of the games start at 1:30 AM :help:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Not sure if it would work for you but you can sign on to NBCSN online with your cable/satelite login and stream the games. Comes in handy at work for early games.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Thanks, I wasn't previously a subscriber in the states but with that price I absolutely will become one for the rest of this season, even if most of the games start at 1:30 AM :help:

Well, you don't have to watch live. If you set the default to not show the scores when you log in you can click on any game and watch it from the beginning as well as FF through if you prefer.

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
Have been needing to watch on the big screen Samsung TV through the wireless Roku which means buffering and slow load times (router with 50/50mbps is literally only 6ft away). Why don't they offer the NHL TV app through the Samsung smart hub (TV is ethernet-connected)? There's a whole bunch of other sports apps on there but not NHL. It's not like Samsung smart TVs are rare. Emailed them twice already.

flanders99

Sep 29, 2011
Blackouts Slovakia???

Hi!
I´m a nhl.tv subscriber in germany and never had problems with any blackouts.
Next week I go for some days to slovakia. Will there are any blackout restrictions? I´m a little scared:help:....

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Does anyone have a tip on how to hide scores or avoid seeing them?

I will be watching replays of playoffs the next day and don't want to see any score. It was possible last year but in the beginning of this season it wasn't possible, the scores was right there in my face.

Otherwise I just threw away money...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad