NHL to Seattle Volume XIV - Seattle sells 26,000 season ticket deposits in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I thought Tod was also president of the seahawks as well before leaving to tampa bay

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA
Vulcan also runs Portland's Blazers, tommy, remember the Seahawks/Sounders officially are Vulcan properties, that's why they cannot be an interested party in Seattle's NBA bid....

Correct, Hutch, and there has never been any reported interest by Allen in a Seattle NBA bid, although I will say that if he wanted to sell the Blazers to facilitate such an exercise, there's plenty of bigwigs down in the Rose City (Nike, Reebok, et.al.) that would probably be interested in snapping them up.....PCS, any thoughts?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I believe you are right about that, Tommy. This is going to be major news once it hits the news cycle. Daniels has picked the tweet up already and I'd expect more of that throughout the day.

I should add Sounders too when back they were joint ran by the same group.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Snowvalley, Allen would also have to sell the arena too. I doubt Allen is going sell portland/arena to be in Seattle.

Vulcan also runs Portland's Blazers, tommy, remember the Seahawks/Sounders officially are Vulcan properties, that's why they cannot be an interested party in Seattle's NBA bid....

Seahawks/sounders split some time after Tod Leiweke left Seattle to join the Tampa Bay lighting. Vulcan no longer runs the sounders. I was just saying at some point in the past years ago Tod Leiweke was CEO/preisdent of Seahawks and sounders.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
For those who were assigned ticket numbers for the NHL Seattle.
I completed the process at 10:06 am and got a number in the mid 15oo's . Just curious to learn what others got.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
why would OVG win the rights to retrofit Key and then bolt to MODA Center, because isn't the eventual plan to restore the Sonics once the effort to launch hockey in Seattle passes....?

OVG can't majority own the NBA/NHL teams but that doesn't mean they can't operate multiple arenas in portland case own MODA center. I don't see it happening. Allen isn't going to sell the portland NBA and the arena.

Note Key arena post rebuild will still be own by the city.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
OVG can't majority own the NBA/NHL teams but that doesn't mean they can't operate multiple arenas in portland case own MODA center. I don't see it happening. Allen isn't going to sell the portland NBA and the arena.

Note Key arena post rebuild will still be own by the city.
the point is... once hockey gets settled in out there, the focus by Bonderman likely is returning the Sonics as a co-tenant, even though the Storm will start that way when Seattle starts its hockey team in 2021

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Correct, Hutch, and there has never been any reported interest by Allen in a Seattle NBA bid, although I will say that if he wanted to sell the Blazers to facilitate such an exercise, there's plenty of bigwigs down in the Rose City (Nike, Reebok, et.al.) that would probably be interested in snapping them up.....PCS, any thoughts?

Not Nike. Not adidas (who owns Reebok). They're too busy making money off league-wide contracts to buy teams for Portland. Phil Knight has all but said (long after he had a small interest in the Arizona Diamondbacks) that he feels "sports franchise owner" is not his niche and just won't consider it.

Timbers owner Merritt Paulson may be the point man of a consortium that has previously offered to buy the Blazers. Paulson would not be the main money man as I understand it. The offer was most prevalent when Allen had his last lymphoma bout. Such talk has been dormant for a couple years now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it resurfaces at some point. Thing is... whomever buys the Blazers also has to buy Moda Center. That might be a loaded proposition.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
For those who were assigned ticket numbers for the NHL Seattle.
I completed the process at 10:06 am and got a number in the mid 15oo's . Just curious to learn what others got.
I got ~2,800 and my original email confirmation came at 10:10.

Getting into Seattle is the easy part going the final mile is the hard part.
Pending where you are. Im in North Seattle and getting from Northgate to downtown (~10 miles) takes about an hour anytime after 12pm. Light rail will help when it get there in 2 years.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I got ~2,800 and my original email confirmation came at 10:10.

Pending where you are. Im in North Seattle and getting from Northgate to downtown (~10 miles) takes about an hour anytime after 12pm. Light rail will help when it get there in 2 years.

Current option is to park around UW and take light rail into seattle.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Announcement coming April for the executive team for the NHL team.

If they really wanna get up Canucks fans noses early on with the rivalry that
is sure to be a good one.... hire Mike Keenan as GM.... Mark Messier as Coach. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad