NHL NHL to debut digitally enhanced dasherboards beginning next week

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It won't be any different provided:

They aren't insanely bright
They aren't jittery/glitchy
Most importantly, they don't move at all.

I have a feeling items 1 and 2 will be normal for a bit, and eventually as they figure things out then items 1 and 3 will be common. We are gonna be seeing a gigantic Subway sandwich the length of the benches be digitally assembled on the boards as Pastrnak flies up the wing.

OH JOY

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Gaslighting Gary.

My friend’s kid was named Sr Mgr of NHL Intelligence yesterday and I had to challenge him on this poll in my congratulations note. :laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

A4F0ED57-5F0B-4CDA-9C7E-33444AB9930C.gif

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Who are they polling, the owners?

Edit: there are currently 1.2k twitter replies that say otherwise. “”More watchable” lmao. Lying pos.

Edit2: if the majority of fans find the games more watchable, then how is there a “backlash” to begin with? Of course no one would ask him to see said polling data.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
A few years from now I am anticipating Gary to announce that due to fan demand all the on-ice and dasherboard ads will be superimposed over the players, all thanks to groundbreaking technology. Fans are tired of the players getting in the way of the screen full of ads. Maybe FanDuel can introduce in-game bets such as who reaches the blue line faster on the next shift -- the virtual Ford Focus on the dasherboard or Makar.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m getting better with tuning them out, but Im still unable to focus on the game for the full 60 minutes. It’s sensory overload. Maybe I’m just getting old

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Making the game harder to watch isn't 'growing the game', Gary....
He’s like the Sox ownership, they think we’re stupid. He thinks, if I tell them this enough times, they’ll believe me. Biggest fraud in sports. The Arizona thing should have gotten him fired a long time ago. 2nd rate leader.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Maybe if they put more advertising on the ice surface, I wouldn't notice the digital boards as much...
Everyone laughs at the Euro leagues. We’ll see where this all goes. The animated stuff is distracting.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
They aren’t too awful when they aren’t animated. That’s the biggest issue other than ghosting that happens when the program can’t tell player from background. I bet it becomes more annoying during the playoffs as we are all more attentive and will notice it more

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad