GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
I'd hate to interrupt the chirping but where's Pasta? It's like he has zero humour left for these series. Was he this "bad" in the Florida series? Can't really remember. Guy should be a gamechanger out there.

---

I fully expect Leafs going back to playing scared at home, since now they have something to lose again. Boston should treat this as an extra 'give em hell' game - they always got the home game just in case

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Seven is a good number. I hear there are also some videogame series' (or at least one of them) where the number VII is significant
3c6c9068b64e7a563d73b1a78f32374f.jpg

(Yes I’m doing a steam deck playthrough of final fantasy vii on the right now with mods and everything)

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Hey Bruins fans, this will help you when you’re crying later and wondering “what happened? Omg not again….”

I hope it helps you find some peace during a tough time

Oilers had a top 5 PP in 2011-13 before McDavid was in the league.

Oh did they?? Amazing!

How many cups did that team win?

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Wahhh the lucky Oilers got to watch 10 years of trash hockey to take advantage of exactly what the NHL draft was designed to do Wahhhhhhhh wahhhh why aren’t the leaf’s so lucky
:laugh:

Sorry.....wait. You are saying the NHL draft is designed to give a team three straight #1 picks, and four in six years? Is that why they changed the rule?

Of course, you missed the point. Most franchises could build a powerhouse and have multiple Stanley Cup runs with that type of draft capital. You guys epitomize dysfunction almost as much as the Leafs.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Lol the only ones living in neverland are Leaf’s fans. Where every single criticism of an Oilers players starts with “IF McDavid didn’t exist he wouldn’t score this or that”

In reality though, McDavid does exist and he’s an Edmonton Oiler. And yeh like most good players in this league they can help their wit teammates be better too.

We can play this IF game all day long. Like IF Matthews and Marner didn’t play in Toronto they might not have performance crippling anxiety in the playoffs.
#34 gets the press on SN and TSN over done too. who does not even play on the PK

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
:laugh:

Sorry.....wait. You are saying the NHL draft is designed to give a team three straight #1 picks, and four in six years? Is that why they changed the rule?

Of course, you missed the point. Most franchises could build a powerhouse and have multiple Stanley Cup runs with that type of draft capital. You guys are epitomize dysfunction almost as much as the Leafs.
They changed the rule cause of whiny fans like yourself actually. And yeh the draft and odds as decided by the CBA and NHL are meant to divy out the odds exactly as planned.

Wait are you crying about draft odds? Literally crying about math here.

Unless you are trying to say the Oilers disrespected the game by Tanking or something. But the only confirmed Tank of the last 10 years was the Leaf’s in a desperate attempt to get McDavid.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I was talking about your Matthews take little fella. Didn't realize it needed to be literally spelled out for you but here we are. Yes Bruins fan thinks the Bruins will win. Stunned really.
Ok, well that's even dumber. You're criticizing my take of Leafs fans who somehow think they're better with Matthews? Lmao ok! They can trade him in the off-season if that's the case then.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I was talking about your Matthews take little fella. Didn't realize it needed to be literally spelled out for you but here we are. Yes Bruins fan thinks the Bruins will win. Stunned really.

All I hear from these guys is ‘yip yip’ like a little doggie trying to nip at our heels

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Ok, well that's even dumber. You're criticizing my take of Leafs fans who somehow think they're better with Matthews? Lmao ok! They can trade him in the off-season if that's the case then.
I am saying what you said isn't true lmao nobody actually thinks the Leafs are better without Matthews. It is BS you have made up in your own mind.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
They changed the rule cause of whiny fans like yourself actually. And yeh the draft and odds as decided by the CBA and NHL are meant to divy out the odds exactly as planned.

Wait are you crying about draft odds? Literally crying about math here.

Unless you are trying to say the Oilers disrespected the game by Tanking or something. But the only confirmed Tank of the last 10 years was the Leaf’s in a desperate attempt to get McDavid.

No, they changed the rules because any team getting multiple #1 picks over a short period would (or at least should) in most cases completely destroy competitive balance, which was the most crucial stated priority of the salary cap / lockout whatever year that was. It has literally nothing to with whiny fans.

I don't have a horse in this fight, if anything I'm slightly anti-Leafs because of the absolute (not relative) number of trolls that fanbase has. And in this current conversation you are imo rivaling the worst of them. Please stop saying stupid things

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I am saying what you said isn't true lmao nobody actually thinks the Leafs are better without Matthews. It is BS you have made up in your own mind.
Lol there were literally posts saying that, which is what prompted me to make my comment. I didn't just make up that take out of the blue bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad