League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Oh? Lets see him score 128 and then we'll talk again. Players are scoring far more goals than him including his own teammate Leon, other players like Kucherov is leaving him and everyone else in the dust but yeah he's the bestest.

McJesus shouldn't have any competition if that's the case.

Well, he's off to a great start. He definitely could get 128+ points.

Wait and see. :)

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Nope, I give him another week or two. Then he will immediately be hired by the next team to fire their coach. :laugh:
I dunno... Minnesota's barely been a playoff team during his tenure and they've not been fun to watch. The glow of his early NHL coaching career may not be enough to get him a new gig that fast anymore. Maybe.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
How in the hell, in the new NHL especially, is Taylor Hall's bull**** forearm shiver not a huge main boards thread?

That was as "5 and a game" a hit delivery as I've seen this year and it's just crickets.

Jun 15, 2007
I don't think Minnesota can rebuild. The Parise and Suter contracts prevent that. Rebuild now and then what? Either they get destroyed by the recapture penalties or by being handcuffed by 15m in 40 year old useless players. So despite being a terrible team, Minnesota has to try win now. Because they will be terrible in the future no matter what happens.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Seems like Boudreau's shelf life is expiring in Minnesota. But his overall track record as a head coach in the NHL is still among the best. He's coached 10 82 game seasons, and hit 100+ points in 9 of them. He also had the 66 point in 48 game lockout year. He'll land on his feet somewhere else soon enough.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Have to think Dallas is looking at coaching options too.
Would be pretty cutthroat considering Montgomery got them to game 7 versus the SC Champs last year, but I wouldn't be surprised given the state of the NHL (and most major sports for that matter) and how they handle coaches.

Pavelski and Benn have two points each and Klingberg has one point. They've scored one PPG so far through eight games. That team has too much talent to be a bottom feeder. Imagine Bruce with the talent they have down there

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Would be pretty cutthroat considering Montgomery got them to game 7 versus the SC Champs last year, but I wouldn't be surprised given the state of the NHL (and most major sports for that matter) and how they handle coaches.

Pavelski and Benn have two points each and Klingberg has one point. They've scored one PPG so far through eight games. That team has too much talent to be a bottom feeder. Imagine Bruce with the talent they have down there
That's exactly what I'm imagining. They loaded up after the playoff run last season but they look like crap so far. Probably too early to pull the ripcord, but there has to be chatter.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The Penguins are continuing their unexplainable pattern of playing better when their better players are hurt and out of the lineup.
Seriously! Put worse players around Crosby; wins/production goes up. Crosby out; even higher. The personal and results hasn't made sense for that team in a long time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Benn is also a shell of the player he was a few years ago. That contract is going to be brutal for Dallas. Aside of Heiskanen, that team is mostly on the wrong side of the age curve. Heck, I didn't even realize that Klingberg is already 27. Seguin and Klingberg should still have several good years left in them, but also aren't like to repeat their peak seasons. Pavelski is 35 and on the decline. Perry is 34 and already declined (and is injured currently). Radulov is 33 and hasn't slowed down yet, but who knows how much more he has in the tank. Benn is 30 and already declining. Hanzal is 32 and an injury prone 3C at this point. Sekera is 33 and hasn't been all that great since he was in Buffalo/Carolina.

Dallas' roster would have been an instant Cup favorite in 2012. Not so much in 2019.

Reactions: Calicaps

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
This division is the best when Caps and the Pens are the best in the division. I would like to see nothing else.

Jun 15, 2007
If Dallas is going to blow it up I'd like one Lindell please.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Edmonton up 2-1 on Detroit after 2 periods.

Neal with his 9th of the year and Bear with his 2nd goal in 2 games.

Mike Green with his first of the year. Bowey with an assist.

Edmonton wins 2-1. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad