League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Starting now right, cause is first four seasons haven't been better. At least not better than Ovechkin's first four.

Any way, it may happen.

I agree as of right now but Ovechkin had a pretty big drop off after his fifth season and Crosby's (potential) best years were injury riddled.

But than again McDavid has had less competition than those two... I dont know.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I agree as of right now but Ovechkin had a pretty big drop off after his fifth season and Crosby's (potential) best years were injury riddled.

But than again McDavid has had less competition than those two... I dont know.
Well...Russian Machine Never Breaks
Crosby Machine Regularly Broke During Prime
McDavid Machine Has Broken Some Already If He Breaks Anything To Hurt That Speed Ain't Gonna Be GOAT

what McDavid (and MacKinnon) can do at full speed is super-impressive and great to watch, hope they maintain, NHL needs superstars like that to maintain longevity

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Ovie has a chance to break and unbreakable record. I just don't see McDavid doing that. I guess maybe...

McDavid has got 2 Art Ross's after 4 years... he's already tied Crosby and Passed Ovechkin.

I know its impossible to predict but he could end up with 4+ more.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Well...Russian Machine Never Breaks
Crosby Machine Regularly Broke During Prime
McDavid Machine Has Broken Some Already If He Breaks Anything To Hurt That Speed Ain't Gonna Be GOAT

what McDavid (and MacKinnon) can do at full speed is super-impressive and great to watch, hope they maintain, NHL needs superstars like that to maintain longevity

We are lucky for Ovechkin durability but didn't Russian Machine have a lot of hand injuries for awhile there?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
McDavid and MacKinnon are probably the most gifted skaters I've seen in the league but I'm unsure how their game will evolve once they can't just blow by people any more. Both are obviously very cerebral players so their careers should be long and incredibly successful even once their physical gifts decline, but I wonder if they will age more slowly like Jagr or Thornton or perhaps encounter issues that hinder them like Pavel Bure who also relied on his incredible skating.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
2nd straight season a Vegas player gets suspended for 20 games

McPhee is using the word "supplement," not "substance." Seems like there may have been confusion from Zykov regarding the legality of this supplement.

Either way, Vegas is apparently doing a pisspoor job at coaching their players how to pass a PED screening. I don't for a second believe that Vegas is the only team with players using PEDs.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
McPhee is using the word "supplement," not "substance." Seems like there may have been confusion from Zykov regarding the legality of this supplement.

Either way, Vegas is apparently doing a pisspoor job at coaching their players how to pass a PED screening. I don't for a second believe that Vegas is the only team with players using PEDs.

I love the way the Knights (McPhee) threw this guy under the bus. They took his name plate down and cleared out his locker. He will never play for them again.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were the ones who pushed the test on him in the hopes he would fail. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
All it takes is a little shove on McDavid going at top speed to wreck his entire season. It happened in his rookie season and it happened in game 82 last season. That is two out of his four seasons he has been seriously injured.

Time will tell I suppose.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
McD is better than Kuch.

Kuch is a fantastic player but McD is on another level.

Oh? Lets see him score 128 and then we'll talk again. Players are scoring far more goals than him including his own teammate Leon, other players like Kucherov is leaving him and everyone else in the dust but yeah he's the bestest.

McJesus shouldn't have any competition if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad