League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Post-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not sure about the Hakstol hire, either, but his tenure in Philly was marred by Hextall's interference. Hextall would meddle and basically poisoned Hakstol's authority in the locker room from the start.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
With Gallant off the market, not a whole lot of guys out there with proven track records. Boudreau, Babcock, not too many appealing names, who else out there. Hakstol was like 131-100 or so, he had a winning record in Philly despite Hextall's monkeying.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Most people I know actually cheer for American teams. Yes there are alot of Leaf fans here but there are also alot of Leaf haters.

Believe this. I met a ton of British Columbians and Albertans who actually hate hockey. They view it as a kids sport and NHL players who are overpaid babies. I was actually shocked when I was in Alberta. The funny thing is this was right after the Flames was one game short of winning the SC in 2004. Being a US person who grew up on HNIC and CBC I expected a huge fanbase and boy was I surprised. I miss hiking those trails and chatting with folks.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Sorry, I believe head shots should be gone from the game. You disagree?

I really don’t give a shit about the game honestly. My life doesn’t revolve around Trotz and company. In fact, I complemented them on a nice comeback. Not a spec of salt from me, sorry to disappoint.

I'll file that away the next time Wilson hammers someone into next week. ;)

Oh, you care. Lol. It eats you up that Trotz is one game from the finals. If Trotz had been eliminated you would have been on here acting smug, as always. ;)

As to having a life, these forums make up a small part of it for me. There are some great people on these forums and I enjoy interacting on here but they rank pretty low on the truly important things in life. I would think most forum members would agree with that.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Believe this. I met a ton of British Columbians and Albertans who actually hate hockey. They view it as a kids sport and NHL players who are overpaid babies. I was actually shocked when I was in Alberta. The funny thing is this was right after the Flames was one game short of winning the SC in 2004. Being a US person who grew up on HNIC and CBC I expected a huge fanbase and boy was I surprised. I miss hiking those trails and chatting with folks.

I don't know many British Columbians or Albertans who actually hate hockey. There are a fair amount who are indifferent about it, admittedly, but even the newer immigrants are becoming fans. There is HNIC in Punjabi, now. That's pretty cool. :D

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'll file that away the next time Wilson hammers someone into next week. ;)

Oh, you care. Lol. It eats you up that Trotz is one game from the finals. If Trotz had been eliminated you would have been on here acting smug, as always. ;)

As to having a life, these forums make up a small part of it for me. There are some great people on these forums and I enjoy interacting on here but they rank pretty low on the truly important things in life. I would think most forum members would agree with that.

I’ve been consistent with my stance on head shots. When Wilson crosschecks someone to the head, please let me know.

You’re just another guy who hates his own team’s players…..noted.

it’s so far from eating me up it’s comical. I really don’t care who wins. Sorry if that offends. Please continue to amuse me. I look forward to your score updates.

Last edited:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I’ve been consistent with my stance on head shots. When Wilson crosschecks someone to the head, please let me know.

You’re another guy who hates his own team’s players…..noted.

it’s so far from eating me up it’s comical. I really don’t care who wins. Sorry if that offends.

Lol. You never fail to amuse. :thumbu:

I guarantee you will be on here crowing and mocking over and over and over and over and over...and over again (you never seem to be able to let things go) if Trotz loses in game 7. You just can't resist. ;)

As to wanting head shots out if the game, of course I do. In fact, the whole reason I think Tom Wilson goes berserk from time to time is from repeated head trauma. I don't want to see him end up like Probert or the Boogeyman.

I'd go as far as taking fighting out of the game, as well. Head trauma is head trauma. I'm not in favour of bloodsport.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Hockey isn't as popular here in Canada as it once was. When I was growing up there would be dozens of kids playing hockey at the outdoor rinks.
Now you rarely see anyone use the outdoor rinks.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Hockey isn't as popular here in Canada as it once was. When I was growing up there would be dozens of kids playing hockey at the outdoor rinks.
Now you rarely see anyone use the outdoor rinks.

I imagine they're sitting at home playing hockey on their Xboxes in between staring at their phones with a blank look in their eyes. And crying about hurt feelings if anybody criticises them for it.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Yeah. Smurf central over there. :D

I'd like to see the NHL go to Olympic sized ice and put more of an emphasis on speed and skill. I doubt the teams would want to give up seating capacity, though. :help:
I have felt the same way. Did a study a couple of years ago looking into how many seats would actually be lost and it was minimal. Add in the fact that most teams are selling out, and it means even less. If the product drew more fans it would quickly offset.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yeah. Smurf central over there. :D

I'd like to see the NHL go to Olympic sized ice and put more of an emphasis on speed and skill. I doubt the teams would want to give up seating capacity, though. :help:

Yes they really need to create a bigger playing surface because the game has tightened up so much. It seems to me that with all the shot blocking, screening, and tipping that happens these days
there is WAY less individual highlight reel type goals. Not even goals, just individual scoring opportunities and exciting plays, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad