League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Mind boggling offseason for Joe Sakic.

Watching that team in the bubble all I could think about was how perfect of a fit Pietrangelo was... but Hall on a 1 year deal would be a pretty damn good option B, and I'm sure he'd prefer cup chasing in Colorado over Buffalo

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Mind boggling offseason for Joe Sakic.

Watching that team in the bubble all I could think about was how perfect of a fit Pietrangelo was... but Hall on a 1 year deal would be a pretty damn good option B, and I'm sure he'd prefer cup chasing in Colorado over Buffalo

Maybe Hall’s strategy is to rack up the cash on a 1 year deal, rack up the points playing with Eichel and then get traded at the deadline to a contender.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Maybe Hall’s strategy is to rack up the cash on a 1 year deal, rack up the points playing with Eichel and then get traded at the deadline to a contender.

If your mission was to pump up your stats for a year to get a better contract when hopefully the financial situation gets better next year, playing on a line with Eichel and an all offense no defense Buffalo is a good spot. I'm surprised at Buffalo though. I thought they were trying to impose some austerity on themselves with one of of the lowest internal budget/caps in the league.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
If your mission was to pump up your stats for a year to get a better contract when hopefully the financial situation gets better next year, playing on a line with Eichel and an all offense no defense Buffalo is a good spot. I'm surprised at Buffalo though. I thought they were trying to impose some austerity on themselves with one of of the lowest internal budget/caps in the league.

Catch 22 for them. They have to do something to show Eichel that they’re trying to ice the best team possible.

Gotta figure at some point he will want out of there.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
They're just playing for a guaranteed #1 pick next year :P

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Helluva player, but I feel like Vegas' only 'plan' is to go after the biggest name(s) on the trade/FA front.
Super easy to root against to be sure....which is a shame because I do like some of their players. But going from plucky upstart to Everyone is Potentially Replaceable is a hell of a pivot. Their centers remain a real weak point, though.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
If they can move Schmidt and MAF (probably with salary retention) they can get under the cap and have some wiggle room to add a player. The problem now is that every single team knows they are desperate like Tampa and can get a good player for pennies on the dollar.

I get Pietrangelo is a solid player, but adding him to that roster didn’t seem necessary. Now they are possibly going to lose 1-2 solid players on top of already shipping Stastny out of town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad