League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2020 Offseason Edition - Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Columbus dumps Nutivaara (2 years at 2.7M remaining) for Cliff Pu, a 22 year old bouncing back and forth between the AHL and ECHL, while Anaheim dumps Gudbranson (1 year at 4M) for a 5th. Based on those deals, I'd guess that moving Panik or Hagelin wouldn't require paying someone to take them, but wouldn't get anything much back either.

Jun 15, 2007
Columbus dumps Nutivaara (2 years at 2.7M remaining) for Cliff Pu, a 22 year old bouncing back and forth between the AHL and ECHL, while Anaheim dumps Gudbranson (1 year at 4M) for a 5th. Based on those deals, I'd guess that moving Panik or Hagelin wouldn't require paying someone to take them, but wouldn't get anything much back either.

Funny thing about that. Priskie was gonna walk into the 3RD slot on Florida but probably can't now.

Another year in the AHL for you bud.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Wilson signed 2 years younger for 1 year less and 400k less per season.
Hes also a much better skater and player and elite at the physical game.

Tuch a better comparison - signed 3 years younger for same length and 750k cheaper per year. Also similar output.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Fast to Carolina for 3 years 6m. Good signing for them although I think he’d be a bit redundant on the Caps 3rd line with Hagelin and Panik. It’s been pretty silent from the beat writers since yesterday. Feels like something else is coming soon.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I would think that more of the top UFA forwards need to go off the board before the Caps will be able to move Panik or Hagelin. They're in a different category but teams like OTT, DET, BUF and NJD probably will be looking out for more productive options first. Once Hall, Dadonov, Toffoli, Hoffman and maybe even Granlund are gone I could see it. Less so before then barring a very nice sweetener. Those teams should also be heavy players for the moves TBL & ARI will need to make and you'd think they would also be higher priority targets. It's hard to say how easy it's going to be to move off those deals beyond those four teams. Maybe NSH is a fit if they don't add much else but surely they'll spend more?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Wow. Tyler Johnson cleared waivers already. I cant believe it.. No help for Tampa.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Wow. Tyler Johnson cleared waivers already. I cant believe it.. No help for Tampa.
You have to think a guy like Cernak is vulnerable to an offer sheet, if Tampa don’t get their RFAs signed soon. They need to move out guys with $5million-ish contracts, which in this economy is hard enough even without most of them having NTCs or NMCs.

If I’m Tyler Johnson there’s no way I’m working with the organisation to approve a trade now, and if that’s the case and they can’t waive him, they’re stuck with him. I can’t see it really gives guys like Gourde much incentive to work with them, either.

Trading Killorn seems the only viable option right now? And you have to think somewhere like Montreal is savvy enough to demand compensation for him, even if he’s a guy they actually want.

Reactions: tenken00

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I thought Hall wanted to take a short term deal to go to a place where he can win? Buffalo adds a solid player, but their D and goaltending is some of the worst in the league.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
And Hall reportedly gets a NMC and NTC in the 1-year deal so he can’t even be flipped at the TDL if Buffalo is out of it (unless he approves of course which always complicates things)

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
And Hall reportedly gets a NMC and NTC in the 1-year deal so he can’t even be flipped at the TDL if Buffalo is out of it (unless he approves of course which always complicates things)
Maybe that's the next best thing to going to a place where you can win. Could be no winners really wanted to give him what he thought was necessary to sign, so a couple extra bucks and the ability to choose your destination at the deadline, hopefully prove you belong on a winner by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad