News: NHL players to KHL in 2018 offseason

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
So Sosh is going to leave the NHL, to head back home, because he doesn't like the way his concussion was handled by doctors of a team he no longer plays for? Sounds legit.
If I played for a team in a foreign land and felt like I wasn’t cared for properly in a way that affected my health I might go back home too

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
What's with all the passive aggressiveness over what the OP posted? He never claimed these guys were studs. He's just relaying some info. Pretty clear what he meant. Instead its a thread full of sarcastic comments about "talent" and nitpicking about "not NHL players"?

And yeah, maybe some of these guys simply didn't live up the their billing and just aren't that good and perhaps some of them really do feel like they were mishandled...and maybe it was a combination. But as the poster above alludes to, why do so many here treat the though of wanting to go back home to continue to pursue their career in environment they feel will be better for them makes them a loser or a failure? Let me guess, you all are so gritty and determined in your careers that if the very best place for it was 5,000 miles away and you had to give up your home and family and had very little in guarantees you'd still "find away" because *you* are just that good and that determined to be the best.

I love HF exactly for the thoughts of non-North American based posters who come here to try and gives us news and thoughts and reports from abroad.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What's with all the passive aggressiveness over what the OP posted? He never claimed these guys were studs. He's just relaying some info. Pretty clear what he meant. Instead its a thread full of sarcastic comments about "talent" and nitpicking about "not NHL players"?

And yeah, maybe some of these guys simply didn't live up the their billing and just aren't that good and perhaps some of them really do feel like they were mishandled...and maybe it was a combination. But as the poster above alludes to, why do so many here treat the though of wanting to go back home to continue to pursue their career in environment they feel will be better for them makes them a loser or a failure? Let me guess, you all are so gritty and determined in your careers that if the very best place for it was 5,000 miles away and you had to give up your home and family and had very little in guarantees you'd still "find away" because *you* are just that good and that determined to be the best.

I love HF exactly for the thoughts of non-North American based posters who come here to try and gives us news and thoughts and reports from abroad.

Has anyone here other than you used the words “loser” or “failure”? You are taking it way too seriously and being way too defensive, because only one person here has used the word “idiotic”.

No one is allowed to have the opinion that that’s a pretty mediocre list of hockey players?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah probably some truth to that Seachd, I just think some of the sarcasm can get lost in translation - and I'd prefer to not discourage posters like vorky from posting because they feel like some are treating the info they are providing as a bit of a joke, even if it's not meant to be an attack.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah probably some truth to that Seachd, I just think some of the sarcasm can get lost in translation - and I'd prefer to not discourage posters like vorky from posting because they feel like some are treating the info they are providing as a bit of a joke, even if it's not meant to be an attack.
Have NA based hockey media reported on these rumors? I just wanted to inform people about the rumors. Russiam media have talked about Slepyshev & Soshnikov for a few months.

Reactions: belair

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
I'm surprised Yakupov hasn't left yet. You gotta think his chances are starting to dry up in the NHL. Only 25 points in his last 98 NHL games, woof.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
per Russian media, SKA Petersburg is interested in Canucks´ goalie Anders Nilsson.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Trenin case is different then others.

He was a 20-year-old rookie in AHL. Seems kind of early to label him a disappointment.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Have NA based hockey media reported on these rumors? I just wanted to inform people about the rumors. Russiam media have talked about Slepyshev & Soshnikov for a few months.
I know they did when it came to Tolchinsky recently, basically confirmed that he had left the Canes farm team after getting an offer from a KHL team. He wasn't getting much ice time this year anyway so not a big deal, hope he can continue to develop, round out his game, and maybe give another shot to North America here in a few years.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I'm surprised Yakupov hasn't left yet. You gotta think his chances are starting to dry up in the NHL. Only 25 points in his last 98 NHL games, woof.

It'll come. He's done in the NHL unless a team like Ottawa takes a final shot at him. To me, he either lands in a place like Ottawa, Vancouver, Buffalo etc (teams that will just need warm bodies next season) or the KHL

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It'll come. He's done in the NHL unless a team like Ottawa takes a final shot at him. To me, he either lands in a place like Ottawa, Vancouver, Buffalo etc (teams that will just need warm bodies next season) or the KHL

There’s already a rumor out there that he’s been in talks with a KHL team. Just can’t see it not happening at this point. Maybe he’s got enough raw skill to be an asset there.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Surprised about Kulemin tbh. He's still a good bottom six forward that would be helpful on a lot of teams. That said, he's probably asking for too much money and knows he'll get a payday and top six minutes in the KHL.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Surprised Slepyshev is going back to Russia. Every time the Ducks played the Oilers in their last playoff series, I was so scared every time he touched the puck lol.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Russian media speculate that Kulikov will buy out his contract.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Are you talking Pavel Kulikov or Dmitri Kulikov? There are no contract options for players to buy out their NHL contracts.
Pavel. It was said by Eronko during his youtube show today.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Dunno what he makes in the KHL, but he'd have to sign a one year Entry Level Contract if he wanted to join the NHL. I'd hope he's making more then that in the KHL.
Sorry, I made a typo.... Eronko talked about Dmitri Kulikov from Winnipeg. I re-watched the video once again, time 28:10 here. Eronko: "Perhaps, he will buy out his deal. I hope he will recover from injuries and will play at his Florida´s level" Once again, sorry for my typo ...

Btw, Dyblenko rumored to SKA.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Sorry, I made a typo.... Eronko talked about Dmitri Kulikov from Winnipeg. I re-watched the video once again, time 28:10 here. Eronko: "Perhaps, he will buy out his deal. I hope he will recover from injuries and will play at his Florida´s level" Once again, sorry for my typo ...

He can't buy out his own deal. I suppose it's possible that the Jets buy him out, but that seems highly unlikely, since he played pretty well this season.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He can't buy out his own deal. I suppose it's possible that the Jets buy him out, but that seems highly unlikely, since he played pretty well this season.
I just translated what Eronko said...

Btw, NHL club can not negotiate with European club about transfer fee for player. NHL club can not trade/sell a player outside the NHL. Prospect can not pick a team where he wants to sign ELC. Player can not buy out his NHL deal. NHL player needs to retire to go to the KHL next day. That all are rules from the Middle Ages, not the 21st century.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Salavat Yulaev GM: Slepyshev requested a trade, because he wants to sign with CSKA. So, we traded his KHL rights to the Moscow club. Good deal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@vorky Boikov is a weird one, it's not that I can't see him leave for the KHL. It's more weird that he still has one year on his ELC remaining and that I cannot see him make the top 6 defencive core for Salavat Yulaev. He would more likely be part of their VHL team since he's not ready for the KHL squad. Underrated player though, I was always impressed by his skill level and skating for a 6th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad