News: NHL players to KHL in 2018 offseason

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Per BO the following players coming to #KHL this offseason - Nikolay Kulemin (#NYI), Anton Slepyshev (#Oilers), Viktor Antipin (#Sabres), Nikita Soshnikov (#Blues), Rinat Valiev (#Habs), Sergej Tolchinsky (#Canes), Radel Fazleev (#Flyers), Andrei Pedan (#Pens), Yaroslav Dyblenko (#NJDevils), Yakov Trenin (#Preds), Sergei Boykov (#Avalanche)

UPD

Alex Grant ---> Jokerit
Kristers Gudlevskis ---> Dinamo Riga
Anton Slepyshev ---> CSKA
Iiro Pakarinen ---> Metallurg
Patrice Cormier ---> Barys
Viktor Antipin ---> Metallurg
Marek Hrivik ---> Vityaz
Miro Aaltonen ---> Vityaz
Beau Bennett ---> Dinamo Minsk (part-ways)
Andrey Pedan ---> Ak Bars
Nikolai Kulemin ---> Metallurg
Curtis Valk ---> Barys
Nail Yakupov ---> SKA
Yohann Auvitu ---> Sochi
David Desharnais ---> Lokomotiv
Patrick Wiercioch ---> Dinamo Minsk
Andrei Mironov ---> Dynamo Moscow
Yaroslav Dyblenko ---> SKA
Ville Pokka ---> Avangard Omsk
Klas Dahlbeck ---> CSKA
Danny Taylor ---> Sibir
Dennis Rasmussen ---> Metallurg
Sergej Tolchinsky ---> CSKA (try-out) E: one-year deal
Nikita Korostelev ---> CSKA (try-out)
Kirill Gotovets ---> Dinamo Minsk
Oleg Yevenko ---> Dinamo Minsk
Sergei Zborovsky ---> Sochi
Viktor Lööv ---> Jokerit
Philip Holm ---> Torpedo
Teemu Pulkkinen ---> Dinamo Minsk
Michael Latta ---> Kunlun Red Star
Mathew Bodie ---> Torpedo
Jannik Hansen ---> CSKA
Paul Postma ---> Ak Bars
Éric Gélinas ---> Slovan
Kris Versteeg ---> Avangard
Alexei Emelin ---> Avangard
Cody Franson ---> Avangard
Casey Bailey ---> Slovan
Chris Stewart ---> Slovan
Nick Shore ---> Metallurg

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
First I've heard of Soshnikov leaving St. Louis. He played well when he wasn't injured and seemed well liked by fans and the organization. I would have thought he was in the Blues' longer term plans (tho certainly not a core piece or anything). How legit is this source?

Reactions: uncleben85

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
First I've heard of Soshnikov leaving St. Louis. He played well when he wasn't injured and seemed well liked by fans and the organization. I would have thought he was in the Blues' longer term plans (tho certainly not a core piece or anything). How legit is this source?
The source is reliable, but of course everything can change quickly. The KHL player market opens on May 1, so we will see.

btw.
Nikita Soshnikov to @hockey_se: I have serious questions to @MapleLeafs doctors how they treated my concussion symptoms. Due to their "unprofessionalism" I needed so much time for recovery.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not surprised with Slepyshev. He didn’t get slotted where he felt he deserved to be, sulked until he got his way, then when he DID get his extended top 6 shot, he did squat. Didn’t produce and his effort level was extremely inconsistent. Happy trails Anton. Thanks for the San Jose series.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Happy Boikov is heading back to the KHL. Nothing against him, but Avs have too many AHL defensemen and this will give us room to resign Siemens.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The source is reliable, but of course everything can change quickly. The KHL player market opens on May 1, so we will see.

btw.
Nikita Soshnikov to @hockey_se: I have serious questions to @MapleLeafs doctors how they treated my concussion symptoms. Due to their "unprofessionalism" I needed so much time for recovery.
I'm not sure what Sosh is alluding to here but he sat out for a very long time, a pretty safe play by the doctors.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He basically said that if he was 1st line player the doctors would care more.
Interesting but it's more likely that he became bitter about the whole thing. Who really knows. I think if the doctors really didnt care then he would have been back much sooner, no?

Reactions: uncleben85

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

btw.

So Sosh is going to leave the NHL, to head back home, because he doesn't like the way his concussion was handled by doctors of a team he no longer plays for? Sounds legit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fazleev didn't get much of a chance to move up the lineup for the Phantoms in the AHL. Should have a nice KHL career.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So Sosh is going to leave the NHL, to head back home, because he doesn't like the way his concussion was handled by doctors of a team he no longer plays for? Sounds legit.
I do not know why he is coming back.

I just added this "Toronto doctors story" because he said it to Russian media a few weeks ago. He had problems with the organisation all the time. You can read it here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad