NHL Player - Kasperi Kapanen

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
marner and nylander have the skills to play with any center on any line

kapanen has the speed and showing the skills and ability to look good with matthews, tavares, or kadri, hes gonna look good on any line too

i want each of the top 3 lines to have a legit C and a skilled offensive winger to drive offense, that would be ideal

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
marner and nylander have the skills to play with any center on any line

kapanen has the speed and showing the skills and ability to look good with matthews, tavares, or kadri, hes gonna look good on any line too

i want each of the top 3 lines to have a legit C and a skilled offensive winger to drive offense, that would be ideal

Kapanen looked only OK with Kadri to start the season/pre season.
Id prefer to load up the speed/youth and do Matthews Nylander Kap giving Kadri Marleau and Brown who has looked pretty solid. Just a bit snake bitten.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Wow, he got first PP time with Matthews out! That’s surprising since he hasn’t seen even a sniff of 2nd PP time. Go Leafs Go!!!

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Wow, he got first PP time with Matthews out! That’s surprising since he hasn’t seen even a sniff of 2nd PP time. Go Leafs Go!!!
Yeah well Brown is clearly a bigger offensive threat. :sarcasm: it's insane that it's taken this long to play Kappa on the PP.

Love how Kappa is playing. Top 6 skill with insane speed and clutch goal scoring.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I really think we should be proactive and try to lock him up quick to a team friendly deal given his lack of track record in the NHL. Maybe something along the lines of 4.5 x 6 or like Alex Tuch's deal.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I really think we should be proactive and try to lock him up quick to a team friendly deal given his lack of track record in the NHL. Maybe something along the lines of 4.5 x 6 or like Alex Tuch's deal.

That’s a fairly big investment into a player with a limited track record so far, and I like Tuch a lot but think his contract is ugly at the moment.

I think even if Kapanen has a big year (say 45-50 points), they could likely get him for 3 years at like 2-2.5ish AAV.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
That’s a fairly big investment into a player with a limited track record so far, and I like Tuch a lot but think his contract is ugly at the moment.

I think even if Kapanen has a big year (say 45-50 points), they could likely get him for 3 years at like 2-2.5ish AAV.

That's the risk obviously. I agree we can just keep bridging guys to avoid the risk too. But it will make for a bigger cap hit down the line. I think Nappy is much better than Tuch personally and 4.5M could look like a steal down the line.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

We gotta see how things pan out with our big fish first. As much as it'd be nice to lock him up, he's not the priority. Besides, can't really compare Tuch's deal to what he'll get; Tuch is a power forward and they normally cost more to lock up than speedy wingers.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Kid is going to price himself out of town if he keeps this up. He's got such a knack for clutch goals, it's fantastic to watch him coming into his own like this. Hope we can lock him up to a good deal, having complementary players like him is huge for winning.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Opportunity!

He has paid his dues, and when the team is fully staffed, the top 9 is going to be formidable.

I have some disagreement with some as I think it should be:
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Leivo/Ennis/Johnsson/Grundstrom/Engval/TavaresChoice-Tavares-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Lindholm-Gauthier -Brown

I think Kapanen is proving he can play in the top lines.

member 262271

Feel good for Kap, this is the right time for him to break out, too.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Opportunity!

He has paid his dues, and when the team is fully staffed, the top 9 is going to be formidable.

I have some disagreement with some as I think it should be:
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Leivo/Ennis/Johnsson/Grundstrom/Engval/TavaresChoice-Tavares-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Lindholm-Gauthier -Brown

I think Kapanen is proving he can play in the top lines.
Unfortunately we haven’t had the chance to see all the wingers in action yet.
Balance is key. Which of Marner,Nylander,Kapanen works best with our 3 C’s in terms of balance, pace and scoring.
I think we know Marleau...Kadri...Marner work well. Now we will probably get to see how Tavares/Kappy work.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Unfortunately we haven’t had the chance to see all the wingers in action yet.
Balance is key. Which of Marner,Nylander,Kapanen works best with our 3 C’s in terms of balance, pace and scoring.
I think we know Marleau...Kadri...Marner work well. Now we will probably get to see how Tavares/Kappy work.

I'm guessing for a few games it is Tavares-Kapanen.
We already know Marner can carry his line.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
he'll probably be a 50-60 point player this year if he gets regular powerplay time. that's really good considering his age and overall game

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I have a good feeling about Tavares-Kapanen should Matthews be out for a while. 45 goal pace so far without any PP time. Are you not entertained?

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017

He’s going to get more than 50 points... you should try to rely a little less on charts and actually try to understand the game.

He’s a first round talent playing at a very high level. There is little risk in locking him up long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad