NHL News/Notes Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Did the Pens just get fleeced? I always thought Perron was better than hagelin.

I don't think either of them are good but at least Perron's contract ends this season. Probably a(n) (internal) cap move for the Ducks. If Perron isn't awful, they might be able to re-sign him for significantly less $$. Maybe the Pens hope that Hagelin will play well for them or they need PK help (or will after a planned trade). I'm not sure why they made the trade.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Oh look, David Perron is on the Ducks now. Can't wait for him to run into Thornton and fake an injury so he can get him suspended again.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ducks fan bought a hagelin jersey and then finds out he was traded 3 hours later per tsn's facebook.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
He struggled just like every Ducks forward has, but he's a 15-17 goal player who is very very fast and is a great pker. Perron is soft and inconsistent.

The Pens forwards have struggled almost equally.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Pens forwards have struggled almost equally.

I've had this opinion about Perron long before he went to the Pens. Can't deny his playmaking abilities, but his overall game is lacking everywhere else. At least with Hagelin, you can tolerate his offensive shortcomings due to everything else he brings.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Kopitar's new contract makes me appreciate Couture's and Pavelski's contracts. What for example Pavs would get if he would be UFA after this season. Maybe at least 8.5 million/year. If he would have been UFA 2014 and we wouldn't resigned him the year earlier he would've get 7.5 million/year or something like that. Stastny get 7-million/year contract and Pavs is much better player.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kopitar's new contract makes me appreciate Couture's and Pavelski's contracts. What for example Pavs would get if he would be UFA after this season. Maybe at least 8.5 million/year. If he would have been UFA 2014 and we wouldn't resigned him the year earlier he would've get 7.5 million/year or something like that. Stastny get 7-million/year contract and Pavs is much better player.
Which is a big reason the Sharks need to go for it while they still have Thornton and Marleau, which is why last year pissed me off the way it did.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Which is a big reason the Sharks need to go for it while they still have Thornton and Marleau, which is why last year pissed me off the way it did.
I agree. We really should go for it this year and next year. I think our cup window is open at least these years if DW only want to keep our team competitive.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Also... Cam Talbot gets a three year extension with Edmonton ($4.17M per), and Steve Downie gets placed on waivers by the Coyotes.

Think about that for a second... Cam Talbot's cap hit is over a million more than Martin Jones', and the term is the same.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Also... Cam Talbot gets a three year extension with Edmonton ($4.17M per), and Steve Downie gets placed on waivers by the Coyotes.

Think about that for a second... Cam Talbot's cap hit is over a million more than Martin Jones', and the term is the same.

Never was sold on Talbot, right now he's getting beat by Nilsson for the no.1 job and is older than Jones to boot.

We paid more, but I think we also got the better goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia