NHL News/Notes Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Toews also suspended a game. No word on if he's actually injured or just doesn't want to be eaten by John Scott.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

Scott talking about the All Star Game

There's some straight up garbage in here.

That made me choke up a little. Scott always seemed like a good guy, I'm happy he gets to go.

Oof, right in the feels.

That_canadian_feel__e6c507c5a021e0cd070a74b6b5b91194_zpsf7f5ab0d.png

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Oof, right in the feels.

John Scott is pure and simple the ONLY reason I am going to watch that game. I couldn't have given less of a crap about it until he made the team. I don't mean that as a joke, I mean I completely understand how special it is for a guy like and he really deserves our support as fans. I hope this all star game gets the best ratings ever and the NHL is left completely confused.

We want to see something special, something fun. Something guys want to be a part of, not something they are obligated to do. Scott wants to be there, to him it's an honor, and while he's not the most skilled guy on the ice, he's a pure class act through and through and the NHL should support someone like that making the team every season.

I guarantee you Scott scores a goal, because those other guys out there are going to make sure he does. The NHL is totally clueless and has missed one of the best marketing opportunities they have ever had. You want the NHL to compete with the big boys? It's stuff like this that's going to earn you fans, not 3 more outdoor games every year.

Fantastic article, and as much as I hate enforcers, I miss John on this team.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
John Scott is pure and simple the ONLY reason I am going to watch that game. I couldn't have given less of a crap about it until he made the team. I don't mean that as a joke, I mean I completely understand how special it is for a guy like and he really deserves our support as fans. I hope this all star game gets the best ratings ever and the NHL is left completely confused.

We want to see something special, something fun. Something guys want to be a part of, not something they are obligated to do. Scott wants to be there, to him it's an honor, and while he's not the most skilled guy on the ice, he's a pure class act through and through and the NHL should support someone like that making the team every season.

I guarantee you Scott scores a goal, because those other guys out there are going to make sure he does. The NHL is totally clueless and has missed one of the best marketing opportunities they have ever had. You want the NHL to compete with the big boys? It's stuff like this that's going to earn you fans, not 3 more outdoor games every year.

Fantastic article, and as much as I hate enforcers, I miss John on this team.

As much as I hate fan voting, I'm glad he gets the chance to go and play. At least he wants to be there (cough, Jagr, cough).

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
If we're poised for a playoff berth near the trade deadline, I'd love for Doug to trade for Scott. Just give the man a chance to win a cup with this team. Please Doug, please.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
I almost wanted to make a thread about this on the main boards, but thought it would be too inflammatory. So I'll post it here instead.

There are 7 Canadian teams in the league, all 7 are in the bottom 9 teams point percentage so far this year. Why is it they are all so bad right now? Not just now, but the last Canadian team to win a Cup was back in 1993 (23 years ago, makes me feel old...).

Another funny thing, the two other teams boarder Canada. Buffalo, of course, is right on the boarder, and Columbus is about 100 miles from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille