NHL Mock Draft Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomis

Jun 2, 2004
Port Coquitlam, BC
WElllllllllll Redden was going to be my pick, but since that is no longer possible, i will pick the next player on my short list. To me this is a no brianer........

The Montreal Candians are happy to select Jason Spezza(C)

The Canadians now have a deadly first line of Nash-Spezza-Bertuzzi :)

Nomis

Jun 2, 2004
Port Coquitlam, BC
OK, well ive made my choice......while this player may be the most unproven defenseman picked in the whole draft....i think he would be gone in the 2nd-3rd round if this draft wasnt suppost to be based on winning right now. But since i am breaking the rules and im building a team that will also be good in the long run......the Montreal Canadians are exicited to select............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay Bouwmeester(D)

Nomis

Jun 2, 2004
Port Coquitlam, BC
SOLID SOLID SOLID PICK!!!!!
If i hadnt gotten Khabibulian in the 3rd round which in my mind was an amazing steal....this guy wouldve been gone last round by me. It even crossed my mind to get him instead of Bouwmeester, but i felt i needed to fill my holes moreless. But neways a great pick and hes gunna be a star in a few years........maybe Biron(ish) this year.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
Newfie Bruin said:
I said earlier that this was a draft that basically this was the last NHL Season and pick a winner.

my understanding, based on this, was that teams wouldn't hold rights to drafted players beyond the 04-05 season.

Nomis

Jun 2, 2004
Port Coquitlam, BC
hey, i got a quick non related fantasy draft question for ne1 here. Have ne of you gotten the free Hockey Forecaster this year? Ive tried to get it like 10 times, and they never ever email me back. No idea why, so if someone could give me a link or send me even the txt of it id really appreciate it. THX

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I thought we could build for the future (recognizing that some will go instead for the old veterans route).

Last edited:

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
VanIslander said:
Newfie Bruin, if there's some unstated rule that we wouldn't hold rights beyond a 04/05 season then say so now. I'll draft someone else instead.

he never said anything about holding rights... but he said the thing I quoted above, and he said this back in the signup thread...

Newfie Bruin said:
Pick who you think are the best players RIGHT NOW!! And make a team.

the only way real GMs would do that is if rights didn't carry over from year to year. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Okay wolfen, I was wrong. We are to assemble one-hit wonders. A team to win only for one season, a bunch of one-year contracts sort of.

Then the Vancouver Canucks acknowledges its mistake and drafts instead: Fredrik Modin.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
misfit said:
I was wondering when you were gonna start drafting some wingers. I actually planned on drafting Roberts, but I figured I could wait a couple rounds first. Guess not.

there were probably better players on the board, but I figured roberts might not be around for my next pick and I think he's head and shoulders above the other power LWers available...

same thing with primeau... redden or aucoin would have been really nice, but I wanted to be sure I got primeau and the only way to do that was to draft him early.

I have a feeling I might have screwed up by drafting basically centers and a goalie so far, but I'm hoping I can find some overlooked wingers and D in the later rounds.

shelovesshanny

Feb 11, 2004
Littleton, Colorado
since we've moved ahead a bit in the draft, ill ask these questions again. hows everybody feel about their teams and how does everybody feel about their opponents teams?
so far i'm quite happy about mine. i think my scoring should be alright. im figuring this thing will be won on the muckers and grinders. i think vanislander has a very stacked forward set and wolfen obviously is the strongest down the middle. its nice to see different styles of drafting. and it certainly takes the predictability out of all of this.

pei_bruins

Sep 1, 2003
Summerside, PEI
Visit site
With my sixth overall pick I am pleased to select left winger

Nikolai Zherdev

The rookie put up 34 points in 57 games, but really came on at the end of the season once his troubles with the Russian Ice Hockey Federation was cleared up.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
All teams look alright at this stage, I mean, we've gone through most of the bluechippers. But there are a few line-ups which stand out when I look at them:

The Quebec Nordiques have the most electric cast of players in Kovalchuk, Koivu, Samsonov, Chara and Kiprusoff. When they're hot, they're dominant.

The Edmonton Oilers can ice Nagy, Sakic and Alfredsson together and I'm jealous. :D Gonchar and Hannan complement each other and Joseph back with the Oil may return to his slick old ways.

The Washington Capitals are as good as any at the back end with Turco, Lidstrom, Zubov, and solid at the front end in Datsyuk, Kovalev, Demitra, though still needing some leadership and verve.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
The Blues are happy to be able to get 4 top scorers in Tkachuk, Sundin, Hossa, and Palffy; one of the top offensive defensemen in Leetch; and the goalie with the top save percentage over the last few years in Roloson. A strong start, and we'll hope to add a few more key cogs in the next few rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce