Post-Game Talk: NHL favors Jerks, Jets lose 4-2

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Wonder how quickly the axe drops on the coaching staff after the season ends.
TNSE might give some subtle hints to the coaching staff first...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The Jerks wore stripes tonight. I remember being so mad at the refs that I shot one in the ass with the puck. I would have liked to have seen that tonight. But these guys are professionals. Scheifele's prophecy continues to live on.

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
S
The Jerks wore stripes tonight. I remember being so mad at the refs that I shot one in the ass with the puck. I would have liked to have seen that tonight. But these guys are professionals. Scheifele's prophecy continues to live on.
Schiefele prophecy? “Picking rocks and pulling teats is better than fighting dudes with treasure trails”

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good game from Comrie, rest of the team going through the motions and our coach and coaching staff have to all go at the final whistle of game 82 . That penalty on Morrissey and the goal counting when Comrie lost his mask ........

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I didn’t watch the game, but why did Svechnikov get less than four minutes of ice time?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Wonder how quickly the axe drops on the coaching staff after the season ends.
Well, I imagine Lowry gets an interview for the permanent head coach position, so the assistants probably hang around for a bit too. Once they name the new head coach they’ll probably turf the assistants, except for Huddy

Reactions: Luc Labelle

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well, I imagine Lowry gets an interview for the permanent head coach position, so the assistants probably hang around for a bit too. Once they name the new head coach they’ll probably turf the assistants, except for Huddy

I think you are probably right but I think the org needs to make a statement to fans at the end of the year and to me that is axing all the coaches and starting the process fresh from there.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I thought the refs wer supposed to whistle a play dead if a goalies’ mask comes off. Mask was clearly off before Jarvis even touched the puck.

Not anymore, now the rule is that if there is no danger to the goalie and the opposition has a scoring chance then the play is not to be blown dead.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think you are probably right but I think the org needs to make a statement to fans at the end of the year and to me that is axing all the coaches and starting the process fresh from there.
I’d like a statement made too, but as long as changes are made, I’ll be fine.

If we somehow come back next season with Lowry and the other, same assistants, plus the same roster (I.e. if “we believe in this group”) than I guess I have to find something else to keep myself entertained with during the evening next winter.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not anymore, now the rule is that if there is no danger to the goalie and the opposition has a scoring chance then the play is not to be blown dead.
And Comrie said after the game that he agreed with the decision and thought it was a good goal. A classy and refreshing change from the whinging we surely would have got from Helly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad