A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 8.43.14 PM.png

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I honestly don't like KC and Ehlers on the same line.
There was a time I wanted to see Roslo between them but...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm a big fan of Morrissey but he can't be putting himself in these situations, especially at that time of the game and where the score was.
I'm not going to say they were worthy penalties but he has taken a few of them lately at really inopportune times.
Whether they are valid penalties or not, you don't put yourself in that position and you don't give the ref an excuse.

This organization will really piss me off if we don't see some youngsters from the Moose. There is no excuse whatsoever to take a look at some players.

Any current player that is playing through an injury should sit.
We should take a look at Berdin for at least 1 game.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Vancouver must be laughing themselves silly that some one took Schmidt of their hands, think about it retaining Myers at 6m or Schmidt at 5.9. The GM of this team is steering this team in the wrong direction

Reactions: macmaroon

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Way too easy for the 'Canes. Lazy stick check from Connor on the boards, lazy stick check from Ehlers and then Schmidt not really taking anyone. (and anyone else you want to blame) (Right click on the video to slow it down for a better look)

The beginning of the goal looks fairly innocent. He's got a step on us but doesn't result in a goal. 1 Canes player and 3 Jets in the picture.
yv6d2zN.png

After the attempt and the play goes up the boards. 4 Jets to 2 'Canes.
WM70Ns7.png

After the stick checks from Connor and Ehlers, who both end up out of the play., we have a 3-on-3 play. Might not seem too bad, but look out for the 4th guy coming off the blue line. We have nobody to cover him.
aVnJRI7.png

After the shot, we are left with a 3-on-0 down low and 3-to-4 overall.
vKXe7vw.png

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Way too easy for the 'Canes. Lazy stick check from Connor on the boards, lazy stick check from Ehlers and then Schmidt not really taking anyone. (and anyone else you want to blame) (Right click on the video to slow it down for a better look)

The beginning of the goal looks fairly innocent. He's got a step on us but doesn't result in a goal. 1 Canes player and 3 Jets in the picture.
yv6d2zN.png

After the attempt and the play goes up the boards. 4 Jets to 2 'Canes.
WM70Ns7.png

After the stick checks from Connor and Ehlers, who both end up out of the play., we have a 3-on-3 play. Might not seem too bad, but look out for the 4th guy coming off the blue line. We have nobody to cover him.
aVnJRI7.png

After the shot, we are left with a 3-on-0 down low and 3-to-4 overall.
vKXe7vw.png

On the last shot either the coaches cant coach or the players are stupid my guess is both as they keep doing this.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Comrie was excellent and got screwed on that third goal against.

Really disliked how this game was refed. They called all the ticky tack stuff in the first, then put their whistles away for most of the second, only to make a real weak call on JoMo. I can't stand games where they change the standards constantly and that was tonight.

Onto the Canes, they are my playoff team this year. I love how they play. They are so darn hard on pucks, quick to close off lanes and have very active sticks defensively. On offense they put on a clinic in terms of modern attack hockey. Here is probably the best template for us going forward. No super star up front but a collection of high skilled forwards that are allowed do their thing.

Jets problems tonight were pretty much as Dubois explained last game. We aren't predictable at all on our breakout or where the players are supposed to be so our players have to go through processions before making most every pass and that slows the team down incredibly. Our puck movement was way too slow which allowed the Canes plenty of time to get in position to disrupt.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I am thankful the refs and the players for embracing the tank.

I am also thankful for the sun and my deck and missing this game.

We will let comrie walk.because he will ask for.1.5 million

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Comrie was excellent and got screwed on that third goal against.

Really disliked how this game was refed. They called all the ticky tack stuff in the first, then put their whistles away for most of the second, only to make a real weak call on JoMo. I can't stand games where they change the standards constantly and that was tonight.

Onto the Canes, they are my playoff team this year. I love how they play. They are so darn hard on pucks, quick to close off lanes and have very active sticks defensively. On offense they put on a clinic in terms of modern attack hockey. Here is probably the best template for us going forward. No super star up front but a collection of high skilled forwards that are allowed do their thing.

Jets problems tonight were pretty much as Dubois explained last game. We aren't predictable at all on our breakout or where the players are supposed to be so our players have to go through processions before making most every pass and that slows the team down incredibly. Our puck movement was way too slow which allowed the Canes plenty of time to get in position to disrupt.
This was always the problem with Maurice 'system' - he had a thinking man's scheme with various a,b,c options for coverage or breakouts... so no one ever knew what was going on

Our best success was during injuries when he had to 'dumb down' his system...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I honestly don't like KC and Ehlers on the same line.
There was a time I wanted to see Roslo between them but...

I don't either, they are too similar in what they want to do.

Oh and can the Sanford in the top 6 please end. He is just a play killer, he has hands but zero vision and awareness of what to do. Yet another brilliant decision by our coach.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm a big fan of Morrissey but he can't be putting himself in these situations, especially at that time of the game and where the score was.
I'm not going to say they were worthy penalties but he has taken a few of them lately at really inopportune times.
Whether they are valid penalties or not, you don't put yourself in that position and you don't give the ref an excuse.

This organization will really piss me off if we don't see some youngsters from the Moose. There is no excuse whatsoever to take a look at some players.

Any current player that is playing through an injury should sit.
We should take a look at Berdin for at least 1 game.

What exactly is Morrissey supposed to do there other then stay hard in their best player? Should he back off and let him get a lane to the net like on what happend on one of their goals where Svechnikov was allowed to walk in unimpeded?

This is what happens with our God awful man to man system. He played it perfectly and the ref made a shit call. They were doing exactly what he did to us all game long in their end.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Another @macmaroon GDT and another loss. I must be the Tank Thread's lucky charm...:sarcasm: It's pretty sad because Eric Comrie had a "whale" of a game (pun intended)...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

After the Jets were up 2-0, I thought...

giphy.gif

But then sanity took over and we ended up losing yet again...

giphy.gif

Well, this was the last Jets game that I will be watching this season...

giphy.gif

Yes, you heard me correctly. The ultimate Jets fan will not be watching any more games for the rest of the season! As of Saturday, my cable will be cut and I will have to rely on good old fashioned "rabbit ears" for my viewing pleasure...

giphy.gif

I can't wait to see what they bring?

CBC French - check
CBC English - check
Global - check
CTV....

giphy.gif

CITY...

giphy.gif

JoyTV - check...oh goodie

It's going to be a fun summer! I'll still listen to the games on CJOB, so it can't be all bad...

:rolleyes:

We play the Colorado Avalanche next, so maybe it's a good thing I won't be able to watch...:sarcasm: See you guys on Sunday! Go Jets Go! :hockey:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This was always the problem with Maurice 'system' - he had a thinking man's scheme with various a,b,c options for coverage or breakouts... so no one ever knew what was going on

Our best success was during injuries when he had to 'dumb down' his system...

It all comes back to M2M for me. That scheme prevents organization on our breakouts because we could theoretically win back possession anywhere and depending on where the other team is the rest of our players could be anywhere in our end so there is no way to make set breakout plays.

We break out just fine whe we can force a dump and get a quick retrieval but when we allow them to get possession all he'll breaks loose trying to break ot out.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It all comes back to M2M for me. That scheme prevents organization on our breakouts because we could theoretically win back possession anywhere and depending on where the other team is the rest of our players could be anywhere in our end so there is no way to make set breakout plays.

We break out just fine whe we can force a dump and get a quick retrieval but when we allow them to get possession all he'll breaks loose trying to break ot out.
I agree and PLD was calling it out the other day as well.

The coaching staff needs to be axed as soon as the season is over.
Anybody know anything regarding the contracts of the assistannts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad