NHL Entry Draft Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Matthews os also an elite goal scorer, but he does it with hands in tight over power. I see him as a potential 30 g centre - year in, year out. There aren't many of those.

Production in the Tavares to Toews range with a nice two-way game.

For sure: this SO goal demonstrates it - he's got an incredibly soft touch and quick hands when handling the puck. Big, good skating, great vision, and soft hands - what's not to like when you're looking for a centre?

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
In a column in today's Winnipeg Sun by Michael Traikos, it lists 6 players whose stock has been boosted by their play in the world championships. 1 of those 6 is Laine. Here is a quote from that column "Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen, who is scouting for Finland, told Postmedia that he would be recommending Laine for World Cup inclusion."

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Matthews os also an elite goal scorer, but he does it with hands in tight over power. I see him as a potential 30 g centre - year in, year out. There aren't many of those.

Production in the Tavares to Toews range with a nice two-way game.

Last season Bob MacKenzie was saying that if Matthews was two days older he would have been in the conversation with McDavid and Eichel for 1st OA. It sounds to me that he's borderline "generational".

I just winced when I said that. It's turning into the "Voldemort" of HF Boards

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/sportsnets-final-top-30-2016-nhl-draft-prospects/

Cox just released his final top 30 list. At the end is a list of honorable mentions. There's one name I'm unfamiliar with. We seem to like USHL guys. Is he someone who should be on our radar? I think he's a Manitoba boy.

Wade Allison, C, Tri-City (USHL), 6-3, 205 lb.

Wade Allison is a Brandon Wheat King draft pick. Many Wheat King fans are hoping he gets drafted and then comes to Brandon next year. Big kid skates well and had a good rookie year in the USHL. Committed to Western Michigan next year

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wade Allison is a Brandon Wheat King draft pick. Many Wheat King fans are hoping he gets drafted and then comes to Brandon next year. Big kid skates well and had a good rookie year in the USHL. Committed to Western Michigan next year

Could he rise into 2nd round?

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2016/05/incoming_wmu_hockey_freshman_w.html

Allison has had a banner year in his first year in the USHL after scoring 25 goals and 22 assists for 47 points during the regular season. He did the most damage in the second half of the season and saw his strock rise for the upcoming 2016 NHL Entry Draft. Allison was ranked 192nd by the NHL Central Scouting Bureau but then jumped to 62 in the final rankings for skaters from North America.

Allison and the Storm look to close out the Clark Cup Championship on Friday night at 8:05 p.m. The game can be seen live on USHL.FastHockey.com

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If in some miraculous way Laine scores 76 goals in todays game they should rename the Rocket to the Laine.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Modest season for Laine.

All star + gold at WJC,
-Champ+MVP in Liiga,
-All star+MVP at Worlds.

Edit, this is more like it:

Last edited:

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Was anyone else left wanting to see some more effort from Laine? I'm not trying to bash him, he had an amazing tournament and I'll be very disappointed if he isnt a Jet come the draft, however his play away from the puck and confidence while playing the powerhouse teams was lacking a bit to me. Just would of liked to see a little more hustle is all. Anyone else feel this way?

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Was anyone else left wanting to see some more effort from Laine? I'm not trying to bash him, he had an amazing tournament and I'll be very disappointed if he isnt a Jet come the draft, however his play away from the puck and confidence while playing the powerhouse teams was lacking a bit to me. Just would of liked to see a little more hustle is all. Anyone else feel this way?

The kid is barely 18 playing against men. Just look at McDavid, he didn't exactly light the tournament on fire.

Laine won tournament MVP as an 18 year old, that's amazing. I know people want him to absolutely dominate but that just isn't realistic.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
The kid is barely 18 playing against men. Just look at McDavid, he didn't exactly light the tournament on fire.

Laine won tournament MVP as an 18 year old, that's amazing. I know people want him to absolutely dominate but that just isn't realistic.

Absolutely he had an amazing tournament, I am by no means denying that whatsoever. I felt like sometimes he was just coasting out there is all

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Absolutely he had an amazing tournament, I am by no means denying that whatsoever. I felt like sometimes he was just coasting out there is all

He's played 104 games this season, 90 of them against men, that has to be showing a bit.

The whole team Finland was brutal today, just embarrassing game from us.
Usually Laine has been a lot more involved with the game.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

He had pretty much every scoring chance Finland had.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
He's played 104 games this season, 90 of them against men, that has to be showing a bit.

The whole team Finland was brutal today, just embarrassing game from us.
Usually Laine has been a lot more involved with the game.

Wow didn't realize it was that many games. I am still extremely excited that we even have the opportunity to draft Laine, don't get me wrong. The bolded may have been a better choice of wording from my original post.. Cheers:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad