NHL Entry Draft Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the Jets should draft Laine over Puljujarvi, that is all.

In all honesty though, even though I'll be disappointed since I'm 100% sold on Laine, Puljujarvi will still be a great player.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014

In all honesty though, even though I'll be disappointed since I'm 100% sold on Laine, Puljujarvi will still be a great player.

That avatar is beautiful.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
What would the reaction be if Toronto drafted Puljujarvi over Matthews vs. Laine going #1?

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
If Toronto drafted Pulu....I think CBJ GM would do a backflip.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
JetsWillFly4Ever said:
I don't think this is necessarily true.

Could it not be that the Jets don't see much of a difference between JP and Laine, but are leaning towards Laine. However, they may think CBJ values Laine a lot higher than JP and would be willing to give up assets that the Jets believe is worth more than the difference between JP and Laine?

Doesn't mean they wouldn't pick Laine if CBJ said we won't offer anything of value with 3rd for 2nd.

But if I was CBJ's GM I certainly wouldn't give up something substantial in that case. By the phone call itself, you may get Laine for free. Worst case scenario you get JP. It's not worth giving up something substantial.

I'm not saying Chevy shouldn't try, but CBJ would be stupid to give up anything.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I doubt in any case the value would be worth it to the jets no matter what if we're the ones starting the discussion.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Essentially I'd your Columbus and the jets call you know there's a chance they favour pulji si that factors to your opportunity cost and worth.

I just don't see it personally. Seems very foolish to Columbus

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Nice avatar! He looks great in a Jets uni.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
This management has my full trust that the right guy will be taken. I will be equally excited for whoever it is.

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg
It occurs to me that there has been something like 10,000+ posts x 3 or 4 threads raging over on Toronto and Prospects all on who will go 1OA, Mathews or Laine. Not a mention (or at least not much mention) of Poolparty.

For me:
  • 96% sure Chevy picks Laine
  • 2% Toronto picks Laine, Chevy picks Mathews
  • 1% Chevy picks Poolparty
  • 1% Chevy trades down

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It occurs to me that there has been something like 10,000+ posts x 3 or 4 threads raging over on Toronto and Prospects all on who will go 1OA, Mathews or Laine. Not a mention (or at least not much mention) of Poolparty.

For me:
  • 1% Chevy trades down

I think it's closer to a 0.000000000001% chance Chevy trades down.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

For me:
  • 1% Chevy trades down

I think it's something like...

90% - Matthews (Leafs), Laine (Jets), Pulju (CLB)
5% - Laine (Leafs), Matthews (Jets), Pulju (CLB)
5% - Matthews (Leafs), Pulju (Jets), Laine (CLB)

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Man the Jets are in such a golden position. They simply can't lose with the 2nd overall pick. Meanwhile, the leafs have the stress of choosing number 1 where there is the possibility of picking the guy that is not the best overall player.

There is the well-rounded, possibly franchise center, that are super hard to come by in Matthews which IMO the leafs will pick without a doubt (organizational need and currently BPA, how do you not choose that) but then there is Laine, which IMO, has a higher offensive ceiling who looks like a superstar in the making. Whatever the leafs choose, Jets will pick the other one with wide open arms.

But then again.... Pulju might trololol and become better then laine/matthews... nah.... NO WAY. :S

Nonetheless winning the lottery and choosing in the top 3 is so exciting. Hallelujah to the hockey gods. The Jets losses were not in vain!

I feel like I'm too pumped for this lol.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I think it's something like...

90% - Matthews (Leafs), Laine (Jets), Pulju (CLB)
5% - Laine (Leafs), Matthews (Jets), Pulju (CLB)
5% - Matthews (Leafs), Pulju (Jets), Laine (CLB)

I'd say....
75%-Matthews (Leafs), Laine (Jets)
15%-Laine (Leafs), Matthews (Jets)
10%-Matthews (Leafs), Pulju (Jets)

It's very likely the Leafs take Matthews but I doubt there is 95% consensus even in their boardroom. Not the way Laine has been playing.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Laine and Ehlers would be some scary stuff for the opposition to handle. Pick your poison.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'd say....
75%-Matthews (Leafs), Laine (Jets)

It's very likely the Leafs take Matthews but I doubt there is 95% consensus even in their boardroom. Not the way Laine has been playing.

I would put it at...

85%-Matthews (Leafs), Laine (Jets)

You're forgetting one of the maxims of sport. Always give 110%.

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Assuming Toronto takes Matthews, there will be 4 possible scenarios.
1. Chevy takes Laine - Laine ends up being the better player - Chevy safe.

2. Chevy takes Laine - Pulju ends up being the better player - Given that 99% of the internet wants Laine - Chevy safe.

3. Chevy takes Pulijo - Pulijo ends up being the better player - Chevy heralded as a genius - Chevy safe.

4. Chevy takes Pulijo - Laine ends up being the better player - Chevy would have to answer for this.

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg
Assuming Toronto takes Matthews, there will be 4 possible scenarios.
1. Chevy takes Laine - Laine ends up being the better player - Chevy safe.

2. Chevy takes Laine - Pulju ends up being the better player - Given that 99% of the internet wants Laine - Chevy safe.

3. Chevy takes Pulijo - Pulijo ends up being the better player - Chevy heralded as a genius - Chevy safe.

4. Chevy takes Pulijo - Laine ends up being the better player - Chevy would have to answer for this.

Exactly the same bind Lou has between Mathews and Laine! Except Chevy probably wouldn't get run out of town the same way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->