NHL Draft Lottery Simulator.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Just out of curiosity, when people are running the mock lottery, which place in the standings wins the most? Forget the team for a moment. Forget Edmonton or Buffalo. Is it 1st,2nd,3rd,5th etc. that comes out on top? Just for fun.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I mean, going into this season knowing that we were tanking, I wanted all of them to face utter disappointment. But I didn't want them all be in position for three of them to potentially leapfrog us. This is a recipe for disaster. I couldn't have imagined a worse hypothetical way to end the season than to have Montreal @1, Edmonton @2, and Ottawa @3. To think that it is actually a possibility makes me shudder. All because the Leafs finally decided to tank when they changed the rules.

Love the avatar, LMAO! Mr. Bean and Pacioretty, separated at birth.

Your post is unfortunately accurate, and I have a bad feeling about the draft lottery. There's no point worrying about circumstances beyond anyone's control though. I have faith in our scouting department to get the job done this summer regardless.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm definitely watching that. I wonder what time I will be on.

People are thinking Saturday April 16th I think? Like Pre-first playoff game, but I think it will be its own event on the Friday April 15th probably around 8pm EST like last year.

I'd like to know as I have to give 3 weeks notice for days off, and I definitely want the following day off to recover, either because I'm happy or depressed :laugh:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
People are thinking Saturday April 16th I think? Like Pre-first playoff game, but I think it will be its own event on the Friday April 15th probably around 8pm EST like last year.

I'd like to know as I have to give 3 weeks notice for days off, and I definitely want the following day off to recover, either because I'm happy or depressed :laugh:
Last night Damien Cox confirmed the draft lottery is on Saturday April 30th.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Last night Damien Cox confirmed the draft lottery is on Saturday April 30th.

Woah interesting.

It was on April 18th last year?

I can't remember where it happened with regard to the playoffs last year but April 30th would be basically after 1st round, maybe into 2nd round or even after? Last regular season game is April 3rd according to my googling skills.

Doesn't really matter when they do it but it's interesting to think of what the reason for a later date might be?

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Woah interesting.

I can't remember where it happened with regard to the playoffs last year but April 30th would be basically after 1st round, maybe into 2nd round or even after? Last regular season game is April 3rd according to my googling skills.

Doesn't really matter when they do it but it's interesting to think of what the reason for a later date might be?
The leafue probably dragged it out to Aril 30th so that Canadian's will keep interest in hocley until then and the leagues TV ratings dont take a hit.

Mar 14, 2011
Just out of curiosity, when people are running the mock lottery, which place in the standings wins the most? Forget the team for a moment. Forget Edmonton or Buffalo. Is it 1st,2nd,3rd,5th etc. that comes out on top? Just for fun.

Sabres, Oilers and Canucks were the 3 most common teams that won for me.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Woah interesting.

The regular season ends on Sunday April 10th because that day there are the two games which were postponed due to that major snowstorm in Washington and New York this past January. Originally the regular season was to finish for all teams on Saturday April 9th.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
I ran it twice over the last two months.....Both times Montreal had 1st overall pick :help::rant::cry:

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
I tried the lottery simulator first time today and finished with Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver. Tried 2nd time right now and finished with Arizona, Toronto, Edmonton.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
really easy for edmonton to steal the first pick once again

yotes got scammed 2nd overall last year rofl
i highly doubt the 2nd last overall guy this year will again finish if not first then second

which edmonton is in that spot

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Just as long as we win one of the lotteries, I'll be fine.

One of Matthews/Laine/Puljujarvi is great in my eyes. A successful tank year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
why can't they just do it the day after the regular season ends? More time to start selling AM jerseys. Though here we're gonna have to wait until the official new jersey release.
Besides waiting until at least the draft to see the Leafs new jerseys we won't know their numbers. Although I guess it's safe to assume if Toronto got Auston Matthews he would want #34 and with James Reimer traded it would be available.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
The simulator is not totally correct as sometimes it has the Leafs or the 30th place team drafting 5th.

The 30th place team cannot draft lower than 4th from what i understand.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
If Edmonton actually wins another 1st round pick, it would be maddening. I understand they are likely to have the best odds. But come on.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If Edmonton actually wins another 1st round pick, it would be maddening. I understand they are likely to have the best odds. But come on.
If somehow Edmonton ends up 30th overall it would be nice to see Toronto win the 1st pick and two other teams get the 2nd and 3rd pick, moving Edmonton down to the 4th overall pick.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
After running it 100 times this is what I got....
Team 1st 2nd 3rd Top 3
Vancouver Canucks 17 12 6 35
Edmonton Oilers 15 13 24 52
Toronto Maple Leafs 14 14 19 47
Winnipeg Jets 14 9 18 41
Columbus Blue Jackets 9 13 7 29

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I ran it 10 times, we only won once, and got top 3 four times. Even in simulation, we're cursed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad