NHL Bracket Challenge 2017-18

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I was expecting the Knights to struggle in the playoffs with the experience that the Kings have at important positions. It just hasn't happened and now my bracket is in trouble between that series and the Washington one.
I guess I just assumed the Knights would have trouble under the playoff glare and didn't take them seriously enough. In retrospect VGK has actually played playoff-style hockey most of the season, tight checking, physical, mainly low scoring games with a Stanley Cup winning goaltender.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I guess I just assumed the Knights would have trouble under the playoff glare and didn't take them seriously enough. In retrospect VGK has actually played playoff-style hockey most of the season, tight checking, physical, mainly low scoring games with a Stanley Cup winning goaltender.

This style of play is foreign to me.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Washington wins in 6. Six way tie for third place right now, Rex leading the pack.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Washington wins in 6. Six way tie for third place right now, Rex leading the pack.
Thats my girl!! haha she is doing better than me. Crazy thing is she picked all 7 series right so far and the only one going 7 games is her stanley cup pick. Wednesday will be huge. If it does not go her way, she could be 7 for 8 and the only loss be her Stanley cup pick.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thats my girl!! haha she is doing better than me. Crazy thing is she picked all 7 series right so far and the only one going 7 games is her stanley cup pick. Wednesday will be huge. If it does not go her way, she could be 7 for 8 and the only loss be her Stanley cup pick.

That would be devastating to her bracket. I'm in a similar-ish boat with the Kings getting knocked out since I had them going to the conference finals. Lots of points left on the board there.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
From '07 until now the Penguins have knocked out the Capitals three times. The Rangers knocked them out three times as well. The Capitals have been knocked out of the second round 6 times. This is the 8th time they've qualified for the playoffs during that span. Certainly seems like they're fated to be knocked out in the 2nd round and continually by the Penguins or Rangers, so if the Rangers aren't an option, it has to be the Penguins...right?

Hey Caps...

upload_2018-4-24_8-46-59.png

Reactions: PK Cronin

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That would be devastating to her bracket. I'm in a similar-ish boat with the Kings getting knocked out since I had them going to the conference finals. Lots of points left on the board there.
I'm screwed if the Bruins lose to the Leafs. I took a chance on CBJ beating the Caps based on Philip Grubauer starting in net. My bracket is salvageable if the Bruins win because I had the Kings and CBJ both getting knocked out in the next round. If the Bruins lose, I'm cooked. I have them making it to the finals.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
If Boston wins my East predictions will be perfect including number of games in the bracket but the LA and ANA sweep screwed me

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm screwed if the Bruins lose to the Leafs. I took a chance on CBJ beating the Caps based on Philip Grubauer starting in net. My bracket is salvageable if the Bruins win because I had the Kings and CBJ both getting knocked out in the next round. If the Bruins lose, I'm cooked. I have them making it to the finals.

Hate to say I told you so, but...I already did before the series started. :laugh: :sarcasm:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hate to say I told you so, but...I already did before the series started. :laugh: :sarcasm:
I had a good reason to gonwith CBJ. Barry Trotz tried to sabotage his own team by not starting Holtby. The 2 games Columbus won were against Grubauer. Life was good that week.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I had a good reason to gonwith CBJ. Barry Trotz tried to sabotage his own team by not starting Holtby. The 2 games Columbus won were against Grubauer. Life was good that week.

Yeah, if they stuck with him it probably would've been over for the Caps. We'll see how they do in round two.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I have 66 points so far, and I have Boston winning in 7, so we'll see how tonight goes.

My only incorrect pick thus far has been LA over Vegas.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Ah submitted a bracket before I saw this so I'm not in a league. I'm picking the right teams, but not getting the series length. I only got TBL/NJD and CBJ/WAS correct as far as how many games it will take. As far as teams advancing, I'm good (unless Boston loses tonight). Vegas and the Sharks sweeping really killed me

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Round 1 is complete. I finished 6/8. Close call on the Boston/Toronto season.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
6 out of 8 after the 1st round. Barely got any bonus points for series length Tied for 8th but I still have a lot of points left on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad