NHL Bracket Challenge 2017-18

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As is tradition, I've set up the NHL Bracket Challenge for this playoff session under the league name HF Islanders.

Here is a link: NHL 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge
The password is: SnowMustGo

Winner gets bragging rights by being the smartest guy in the room for an entire year! It's the most coveted title in all of Isles HF Boards history, may the best man win!

Previous winners:
IslesNorway - 2017
ScaredStreit - 2016
ScaredStreit - 2015
PK Cronin - 2014

*If possible, please use your HF Boards name when submitting. Makes it easier to identify which account belongs to which poster for bragging/mocking purposes.

Reactions: MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Seven people registered so far, get in before the playoffs start.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’m in. Hoping to do better than my near the basement finish last year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just took the time to make it. Looking forward to seeing who everyone else has.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Just noticed @YearlyLottery and I have the same exact bracket with who winners are until the cup.
I just browsed through the other entries and nobody else has my bracket. One guy has an identical western conference to mine, but that’s it. I sink or swim alone.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Shit, I didn't see this thread. I made a bracket, individually, yesterday.

Is it too late/is it possible to transfer my bracket to the HF Isles group?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We only differ on the Caps-Jackets :popcorn:
Yes, I wasn’t sure if it was you.

I took CBJ because I’m a little leery of switching over the Philip Grubauer. Holtby is playoff tested. Kind of a resilts in a goaltending controversy if Grubauer doesn’t win Game 1.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
****, I didn't see this thread. I made a bracket, individually, yesterday.

Is it too late/is it possible to transfer my bracket to the HF Isles group?

Not sure about that, give it a shot if you have time.

I took CBJ because I’m a little leery of switching over the Philip Grubauer. Holtby is playoff tested. Kind of a resilts in a goaltending controversy if Grubauer doesn’t win Game 1.

You fool!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Fair, I took Wash similarly to @PK Cronin 's sentiment. It is their density to lose in the 2nd round to Pitt every year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Fair, I took Wash similarly to @PK Cronin 's sentiment. It is their density to lose in the 2nd round to Pitt every year.

From '07 until now the Penguins have knocked out the Capitals three times. The Rangers knocked them out three times as well. The Capitals have been knocked out of the second round 6 times. This is the 8th time they've qualified for the playoffs during that span. Certainly seems like they're fated to be knocked out in the 2nd round and continually by the Penguins or Rangers, so if the Rangers aren't an option, it has to be the Penguins...right?

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Oh no, I'm late! I promised myself I'm gonna do this. Well, the only thing now is to wish you all good luck!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not sure about that, give it a shot if you have time.

You fool!
I was going to say something but then I read your next post and understand why you say that. You’re still wrong but at least I know where you’re coming from.

Reactions: PK Cronin

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
In retrospect, picking the Kings to win the Cup was probably over-thinking things on my part. Or under-thinking. Improper thinking in any event.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
In retrospect, picking the Kings to win the Cup was probably over-thinking things on my part. Or under-thinking. Improper thinking in any event.

I was expecting the Knights to struggle in the playoffs with the experience that the Kings have at important positions. It just hasn't happened and now my bracket is in trouble between that series and the Washington one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->