NHL: Around the League 52

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah you’re right, we should probably leave Bedard on an island again. We should also enter the season below the cap floor because that’s legal.
KD has already said he doesn't want a repeat of this past season. He's going to bring in some help for Bedard, i don't think he's going to give out a major UFA contract though. We need short/mid term contracts to NHL players that will be outta here in 3-4 years time when our prospects are hopefully developed and we're ready to be a playoff team. We don't need to be paying Teravainen and Reinhart $8+ or $10+ respectively when they're 33-35 years old.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
KD has already said he doesn't want a repeat of this past season. He's going to bring in some help for Bedard, i don't think he's going to give out a major UFA contract though. We need short/mid term contracts to NHL players that will be outta here in 3-4 years time when our prospects are hopefully developed and we're ready to be a playoff team. We don't need to be paying Teravainen and Reinhart $8+ or $10+ respectively when they're 33-35 years old.
That’s how you end up with more Tyler Johnson’s, which would be a repeat of last year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That’s how you end up with more Tyler Johnson’s, which would be a repeat of last year.
Stamkos, Kane, Marchessault, Toffoli, Stephenson, Mantha, Bertuzzi types look nice to me. As long as we don't sign them for more than 4 years I don't care what their cap hits are. We need NHL talent to play in our top 6 so Bedard doesn't have to pass to f***ing Kurashev, Foligno, and Reichel. Get the Entwistle types off this team and replace them with decent NHLers to cushion our prospects. Even just 2 or 3 guys would make a difference.

Perry is a 4th line talent and Hall is maybe a top 9 forward if we're being generous, but they were still supposed to be on this team to give Bedard some competent NHL talent to play with. They weren't here and that's why we bottomed out so badly.

Signing a Tuevo or Reinhart as UFA's means we're paying for their best years while we're still rebuilding then paying for their worst years when were trying to be the most competitive. It doesn't work that way. Efficiency of your cap space is everything in this league and aside from Jones we're blessed with basically no major cap commitments going forward. We'd be throwing that away on overpriced UFAs.

If TT will sign a 4 year deal at $8million then sure, but it's a mistake to give him a 7 year contract

Reactions: Pez68

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Stamkos, Kane, Marchessault, Toffoli, Stephenson, Mantha, Bertuzzi types look nice to me. As long as we don't sign them for more than 4 years I don't care what their cap hits are. We need NHL talent to play in our top 6 so Bedard doesn't have to pass to f***ing Kurashev, Foligno, and Reichel. Get the Entwistle types off this team and replace them with decent NHLers to cushion our prospects. Even just 2 or 3 guys would make a difference.

Perry is a 4th line talent and Hall is maybe a top 9 forward if we're being generous, but they were still supposed to be on this team to give Bedard some competent NHL talent to play with. They weren't here and that's why we bottomed out so badly.

Signing a Tuevo or Reinhart as UFA's means we're paying for their best years while we're still rebuilding then paying for their worst years when were trying to be the most competitive. It doesn't work that way. Efficiency of your cap space is everything in this league and aside from Jones we're blessed with basically no major cap commitments going forward. We'd be throwing that away on overpriced UFAs.

If TT will sign a 4 year deal at $8million then sure, but it's a mistake to give him a 7 year contract
You’re going to be disappointed when you see how limited your options truly are to what you want to pay. Stephenson, Mantha and Bertuzzi want long term deals. Marchessault is staying with Vegas. Kane likely won’t sign here.

In the real world, these guys aren’t signing the deals you’re offering. If someone looks nice to you, somebody else is likely going to beat out that deal you’re offering. You either pay the premium or end up with more Athanasious and Donatos. If that’s who you want Bedard playing with then you better not complain when it looks ugly next year.

Reactions: ClydeLee

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You’re going to be disappointed when you see how limited your options truly are to what you want to pay. Stephenson, Mantha and Bertuzzi want long term deals. Marchessault is staying with Vegas. Kane likely won’t sign here.

In the real world, these guys aren’t signing the deals you’re offering. If someone looks nice to you, somebody else is likely going to beat out that deal you’re offering. You either pay the premium or end up with more Athanasious and Donatos. If that’s who you want Bedard playing with then you better not complain when it looks ugly next year.
Well certainly see how it shakes out

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If my last name was “Pickard” I’d definitely be telling everyone to pronounce it “Pik-arhd” and not “Pick-erd”.

giphy.gif

He’s having a great game tonight though.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I forgot how much I love Eddie O in the broadcast booth. He’s a natural with the voice, knowledge, and excitement. So many of these other guys and gals sound like crap.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I forgot how much I love Eddie O in the broadcast booth. He’s a natural with the voice, knowledge, and excitement. So many of these other guys and gals sound like crap.

Not a fan. Feel like he’s been recycling the same schtick for a long time, and I dont think new or potential fans learn much about the game from his call beyond a very superficial level.

To each their own.

Reactions: Giovi

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
TT at $8 M??? ... give me a break. He's talented enough but would rather play on the peripheral and let others play with intensity. No thankyou at any price.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
TT at $8 M??? ... give me a break. He's talented enough but would rather play on the peripheral and let others play with intensity. No thankyou at any price.
Who do you want, thats talented enough to help Bedard? We aren't getting a Brady Tkachuk, or any expensive UFA. And bottom 6 physical players arent helping Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad