NHL: Around the League 52

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Biggest issue is aren't there pretty strict regulations when it comes to alcohol there? Hockey players drink like crazy.
Just did a quick wiki on that. Nothing that stands out other than 1am cut off and any beer over 4% must be sold in a liquor store. Heck, it was just a few years ago Minny started allowing sales on Sundays so there are weird laws everywhere. Went to a UFC fight there a couple years ago and didn’t notice anything that put a damper on our fun.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
On the mormon front, I think there's a lot of pretty blonde girls, which seems to be the default NHL player "type", so I guess just a matter of finding one not too religious, lol

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
On the mormon front, I think there's a lot of pretty blonde girls, which seems to be the default NHL player "type", so I guess just a matter of finding one not too religious, lol

Alot of Tongans/Samoans in SLC along with sizeable Hispanic population

A decent size # of Tongans and Samoans are Mormons

That family music group The Jets that were pretty big for a while in 80's are notable Mormons with several members of group/family (17 kids in that family) living in Salt Lake/Provo area

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Most hilarious scenario: Flyers, needing a regulation win, pull their goal in a tie game late, and the Caps send Detroit home with an empty netter.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8272.jpeg

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Hope the Wings take that last spot in the East, out of the teams left I think they would give the most entertaining hockey versus the Rangers.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the Red Wings potentially making the playoffs.

1) Gross Red Wings, boo them

2) Yay Patrick Kane, what a stud

3) Grand Rapids not having Edvinsson for AHL playoffs in a series against Rockford is good

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I haven’t been following the Coyotes especially closely but from the reports I’ve heard it seems the league is going to buy the franchise from the owner and resell to Smith Group? It’s rumored he bought the franchise for $300 million in 2019 and will sell for a billion?

The owner then maintains the rights to the Arizona market while he attempts to build a stadium by 2030?

Is anyone really buying that this will happen or the owner will instead f*** off with the money?

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Caps score on ENG as Flyers had to pull goalie needing reg win

Caps likely to win and eliminate Wings, LOL

What a finish to season in East

Flyers late season collapse complete as well on top of things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad