NHL: Around the League 52

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Here's to a bunch of hockey folk discovering their craze for dirty soda in Utah.

Think of a soda shop but with way more mixing options and the things are as common as coffee shops anywhere else.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Salt Lake will certainly have to prove it to attract/retain free agents. It doesn't have the glitz of Vegas (or it immediately being great) or the size of Seattle when comparing markets. But they have a passionate winter sports scene and they love their Jazz. Seems like most agree that it's at least pleasant, though.

Also, dumb thing to notice, but Chicago will be the first alphabetical in the division, so will have to relearn clicking the first link.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Most will probably live in Park City. area Which is gorgeous but as stated.....gotta have some coin there. It is my second favorite airport to fly into other than Jackson Hole. I don't think there is an issue living there as the NBA has had zero problem retaining and attracting players. The prospective owner is in his 40's and knows what he is doing (owns the Jazz as well) and is a tech guy. I think the NHL is more refined in choosing owners than they were.

The problem I have is listening to Hradek on hockey tonight or whatever on ESPN+ last night. they are going to give the yote's current owner another chance IF he can build an arena. And they say he is very determined. I sure as hell hope not.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
He’s still gotta buy the land. I’m expecting him to be out-bid, aw shucks, and then do nothing except count his new billion dollars for the next five years.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8258.png

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Man, really wanted the Wings to make the playoffs so Kane could put on a show, but they have looked horrible. Whatever team that gets that WC2 spot is gonna get smoked.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Vegas v Dallas and Carolina v Florida would be an amazing final 4. And not only because it would piss off so many Canadian fans 😅

Reactions: Space umpire

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why not?

All four teams can skate, are balanced through the lineup, and only one has won a cup recently. I think both series would be excellent.
Im saying it wouldn't piss off so many Canadian fans. Canadian fans don't care who is in the Final if its not their team or the teams they hate, which usually aren't those teams.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im saying it wouldn't piss off so many Canadian fans. Canadian fans don't care who is in the Final if its not their team or the teams they hate, which usually aren't those teams.

Oh, I was just making a joke about it being all sunbelt teams.

If you listen to Canadian (particularly Toronto) sports radio, they were upset that Arizona was moving to Salt Lake City instead of QC or a new team in Ontario lol

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Oh, I was just making a joke about it being all sunbelt teams.

If you listen to Canadian (particularly Toronto) sports radio, they were upset that Arizona was moving to Salt Lake City instead of QC or a new team in Ontario lol
I haven't heard any of that, but also don't listen to Leaf radio or Leaf TV.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Cat has been in his 2019-20 state of constantly hitting posts tonight... and like the last 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad