Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure about the market right now sold Tarasenko for 120k last night and is now like 69k, not sure if I should just hold onto coins, even saw Ovechkin for like 170k earlier but with him only 88 he might drop even further.

I never buy or sell anything significant in the first week. Market is too unpredictable and you can't judge what is a good or bad deal yet.

Those reward packs from the challenges are definitely juiced. I pulled a gold collectible, TOTW collectible and Tavares from ONE pack.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The AI is completely overpowered on faceoffs once you hit the all-star/superstar level on the challenges.

They basically tie you up every second faceoff, so you either have to tie them up to win it or go forehand and hope they don't do the forehand sticklift.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The breakaway goals ones are too

I just had a breakaway goal with Matthews, even Doc shouted "breakaway!" and after I scored I went to the stats menu and it said "0/0".

So stupid

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I'm enjoying the challenges but I can see some of them like those mentioned above being frustrating, especially after achieving the other two stars and consistently blowing contracts to try to get that last one.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
So uhhhh.... this game is great and everything, but I'm unable to edit my special teams at all. They just slot in players from my lineup. Horvat is my #2C, and I'm unable to get him off the PK in favour of my 3C Couturier. If I slot Couturier in as my 2C he's also on the 2nd PP where i want Horvat.

It seems whoever is slotted into my 2C position is on PP2 and PK2 and there's nothing I can do about it.

edit: figured it out.

How did you do that?? I can't change my PP or PK lines either.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What's the best way to get collectables? I am 2 carbons and 2 silvers from getting Owen Nolan

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
When do the first 2 packs come available for rewards? i am a sucker and bought the one with 40 :) i did get 2 gold plus but that was paert of the preorder

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
When do the first 2 packs come available for rewards? i am a sucker and bought the one with 40 :) i did get 2 gold plus but that was paert of the preorder

The 2 gold were the first of those 40, but you should be getting 2 additional gold as recompense for the cards being untradeable from those packs. If you did not yet receive those I would suggest contacting support.

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006

Yes the 2 gold plus i received along with the jerseys were not tradable or sellable was this a issue with ea?

voiceofytown

Jun 15, 2006
Yes, they have live chat. That's the route I went.

Spoke to someone on EA HELP twitter it was painless and fast. they logged in via my gamertag confirmed me and confirmed my packs are there. I am at work so i will know in 2 hours i am sure lots of 81 over all waiting :)

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Spoke to someone on EA HELP twitter it was painless and fast. they logged in via my gamertag confirmed me and confirmed my packs are there. I am at work so i will know in 2 hours i am sure lots of 81 over all waiting :)

Did you just tweet at them?
I am trying to chat with them and it just..... isn't working. I am waiting for a half hour for a rep and just nothing

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Best way to make carbons is to trade in for them I would think.

Carbons are going for like 120K on AH. And I could just buy Nolan for that much

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
The breakaway goals ones are too

I just had a breakaway goal with Matthews, even Doc shouted "breakaway!" and after I scored I went to the stats menu and it said "0/0".

So stupid

I kind of cheesed this one. I position locked and just hung out at the opposing blue line. Faceoffs I got lucky with pack openings getting Kopitar and O'Reilly so I would just have them out for every faceoff

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Hopefully the talent pool gets evened out. I feel like every HUT online game I play I either can't get the puck out of my zone (maybe there is a strategy you can set to have your wingers come lower for outlet passes?) where their forechecker turns me over at will, or I am playing a scrub that I outshoot 35-5 and win 6-0.

It will, that is what happens every year as everyone starts off in the lower divisions regardless of talent level.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Beat the Capitals on the NHL challenge and got the players plus pack.

Pulled Ekman-Larsson, Doughty, Ekblad, Forsberg among others. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad